This is a great opportunity to be part of a challenging and hugely rewarding project to provide early, real-time, psychological interventions and make mental health support wholly accessible to young people.
Cam AI is looking for a Psychologist who will join us in our research efforts to create a digital service to assist with managing the mental health of adolescents and young adults.
Cam AI is a Cambridge University spin-out made up of a growing group of professional mental health providers, engineers, and academics with decades of qualified psychotherapy and machine learning experience. Our goal is to improve the mental health of millions of young people, through early, real-time, psychological interventions, using conversational AI. We are responsibly developing an authentic and transparent chatbot using conversation driven development to automatically predict and personalise what relatable, professional therapists would say in equally relatable, highly nuanced situations.
We are looking to fill our Head of Psychology Operations role. You will work closely with the CEO and Engineering Lead to manage data curation activities to create a personalised and professional digital CBT tool, as well as manage the Psychology team. You will be joining a small, dedicated team that highly values collaboration and adaptability. This is a hybrid role mostly based in our office in Cambridge, but you will have some home-based work and also be required to occasionally travel to our CEO’s clinic in London.
- Work with the CEO and Engineering Lead on Psychology directions and collaborate with the team.
- Manage and provide supervision hours to trainee therapists.
- Lead and manage the research effort to analyse and annotate short-term CBT transcripts using a custom taxonomy of therapy sessions.
- Adapt the taxonomy of therapy sessions to best represent gold-standard CBT and provide quality assessment and training for the annotation team.
- Provide short-term Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for a stream of free clients.
- Ensure best ethical practices within our data collection of free therapy sessions, aiming to obtain certified medical device status.
- Support the outreach effort to expand our participant recruitment and team of trainee therapists.
- Lead on hiring decisions to expand our psychology team.
- BACP, UKCP or BPS accreditation.
- Experience with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Familiar with or specialised in working with young adults and adolescents.
- Managing a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- A forward thinking mindset when it comes to leveraging technology within the mental health space.
- Optional: Experience working in an early stage startup.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- The right to work in the UK.
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- Unlimited annual leave policy.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.