Optibrium is growing! Due to expansion, we are looking to add a Head of Sales to our team, focusing on driving all global sales and account management activities across our elegant software for molecule design, optimisation, and data analysis.
As Head of Sales, you will be responsible for developing and managing sales and account management tactics to achieve agreed targets for sales to new customers and renewal rates for current customers. You will also be agreeing and delivering on KPI’s for the Sales Team and providing leadership and development opportunities.
Responsibilities and objectives will include:
- Working with the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), Director of Application Science and Head of Marketing (the “Sales and Marketing Management Team”) to agree on and achieve ambitious sales targets in line with the Company’s sales and marketing strategy
- Contributing to developing and executing a coherent sales and marketing strategy in collaboration with the Sales and Marketing Management Team and in line with the broader company strategy
- Developing and managing sales and account management tactics to achieve agreed targets for sales to new customers and renewal rates for current customers.
- Managing effective sales processes that enable the performance of the team as a whole and individually to be targeted and monitored
- Effectively managing team members in line with Company policies and procedures;
- Recruiting and retaining high-quality teams members in line with the agreed budget and company goals;
- Agreeing appropriate, measurable targets for each team member and assessing performance regularly; and
- Ensuring the personal development and effective training of all team members
- Providing feedback to the R&D teams to guide product development strategy. Ensuring customer feedback is communicated in a clear and timely manner
- Representing the Sales Team on the Senior Management Team
- Representing the Company in an engaging manner to customers and the wider community
This is a great chance for you to work with organisations ranging from multi-national companies to early-stage start-ups, making the most of your background in chemistry, biology or related life sciences, your understanding of computational approaches, and experience from a previous sales leadership role to build new relationships.
The successful candidate should be based in Northern US with regular travel to customer sites and conferences (up to 25%) and to our headquarters in Cambridge, UK. US citizenship or work authorisation is required.
To find out more about joining a growing, entrepreneurial team working in an exciting field, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.