Health Economics Specialist
Region: London Pancras Square
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Health Economist? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the data in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As the Health Economics Specialist, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
What you’ll do
You will provide specific economic information/advice on existing and forthcoming medicines through input into Clinical trial and market research study designs, data collection from relevant secondary sources, analysis/interpretation of costs and outcome data. Assesses competitor activities focussing on the economic value of their medicines. Likely to have some pre-knowledge and experience of decision-analysis, economic modelling, health outcomes assessment and quality of life assessment.
- Develop health economic models, user interfaces and support materials for use in submissions to reimbursement bodies and by sales teams with cost-sensitive NHS customers
- Maintain knowledge of UK reimbursement decision making to identify opportunities and potential impact for our Brands
- Develop understanding of what constitutes value to our NHS customers and create value messages in formats which are impactful, and which aid decision-making
- Within cross-functional teams, identify the requirement for, and contribute to the development of Brand value claims
Essential for the role
- First degree 2:1 or higher
- Postgraduate qualification in health economics
- Experience of applied health economics in either the pharmaceutical industry, or a contract organisation
Desirable for the role
- First Degree in economics or life sciences
- UK HTA submission experience
- Understanding of the NHS, and customer needs for value demonstration
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you. Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.