This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, diligent individual to join our busy HR Services team as an HR Services On-boarding Administrator on a full time or part time fixed term 12-month basis.
About the role:
Our HR Services team deliver a people-centred, professional and efficient service. This includes the administration of on-boarding, life cycle changes and payroll processing, whilst providing comprehensive first line advice to our people on HR policies, procedures, pay and benefits.
This role has an on-boarding focus, working closely with our recruitment team, candidates and hiring managers. You will also be cross-trained in the scope of HR Services in order to effectively support delivery where required.
Key Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- In accordance with established working practices and service level agreements, administer employee on-boarding activity, such as creating offers of employment, conducting right to work checks, referencing etc.
- Producing accurate correspondence, ensuring quality data is recorded and the timely flow of data changes to Payroll.
- Provide quality first line advice to employees on a wide range of queries on benefits, policy and procedures.
- Conduct data validation checks in set timescales to ensure that the data held is accurate and up to date.
- Produce regular and ad-hoc reporting e.g. headcount, absence reporting, benefits reporting etc.
- Contribute to the improvement of HR processes and procedures.
You will have excellent organisational skills, be process and detailed orientated, possess excellent customer and communication skills. You will also need to be a team player with a friendly and proactive can do attitude.
- Demonstrable administration experience
- First rate customer service skills
- Strong numerical aptitude
- Well-developed IT Skills, proficient user Excel
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diligent individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with conflicting demands whilst maintaining outstanding attention to detail and meeting delivery deadlines
- Shows optimism while navigating changing environments
- Highly discreet with a clear understanding of confidentiality.
- 12 months demonstrable administration experience
We have a flexible-hybrid working pattern model to allow for flexibly between remote and office working.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the role may close when a successful appointment has been made.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance is accessible on day 1 for all
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity, parental and adoption leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
In 2020 we were awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.