At TTP, teams of scientists, engineers, and designers collaboratively solve challenging problems, deploying fundamental science in creating disruptive technologies. Our clients range from innovative start-ups to some of the world’s largest and most respected companies in Biotechnology and Life Sciences.
We are looking for an experienced Human Factors Consultant and Industrial Designer to join our Life Science division. Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams, you will help to define, design, develop and test ground-breaking technologies across the Life Sciences sector, always keeping the needs of users at the centre of the product development process.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your expertise and contribute to challenging and varied projects that advance research and save lives. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring our devices are safe and intuitive to use.
As an ideal candidate you will have the following:
- An excellent academic record with an undergraduate degree in Product Design, Human Factors, Ergonomics, or related discipline
- A strong understanding of the theory and application of Usability, and User Centred Design
- Proven experience deploying research methods to deliver insights and steer design direction for complex, mechanical products
- An understanding of the relevant Human Factors Engineering regulatory requirements
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to work effectively with colleagues from other disciplines, and liaise directly with clients
- Experience working in Life Sciences or Healthcare would be beneficial but not essential
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch on site
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Discounts on local sports facilities and theatre
- Activities and community fund
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable