The purpose of I&D is to inspire long term support and maximise opportunity, engagement and income by putting the supporter at the heart of the everything we do.; This team of experts interacts with teams across the whole organisation and is fundamental to the delivery of our ambition to make breakthroughs possible.
The role of Insight Officer reports to the Senior Insight Manager. The Senior Insight Manager oversees the insight needs of ARUK, covering both mass and high value supporters, to better understand our supporters’ needs and wants.
The Insight Officer will manage the annual supporter survey which provides ARUK with key, strategic insight into our mass supporter audience. They will also manage the supporter journey for the market research panel, working with fundraising and communications teams to develop bi-monthly emails which deliver useful insight to the organisation, and keep the panel engaged.
Alongside this, the Insight Officer will deliver regular overviews of secondary research relevant to the organisation, providing context of the operating environment and keeping ARUK up to date on sector trends and potential opportunities. They will be responsible for supporting teams in the commissioning process for primary market research across the organisation, providing support and direction as required, plus the management of a digital Insight library for all primary and secondary research. They will manage or provide support to the Senior Insight Manager for ad hoc projects as required.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Managing the annual ARUK supporter survey
- Managing the market research supporter panel journey
- Producing regular monthly reporting to the organisation based on desk/secondary research
- Supporting the Insight commissioning process across the organisation
- Working on ad hoc insight and market research projects which will deepen the supporter knowledge of the Fundraising & Communications teams
- Managing the ARUK Insight & Research library; maintaining and developing content, ensuring an overview of all ARUK primary research and appropriate external resources is accessible to all
- Supporting the Senior Insight Manager in the process to deliver regular measurement of supporter metrics/KPIs and quarterly insight reports
What we are looking for:
- Good knowledge of different types of market research methodologies and how they are best applied to achieve the best research outcome.
- Experience working on quantitative primary market research.
- Experience of researching and collating secondary insight.
- Knowledge and confidence working with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; with a natural ability to articulate ideas, problems, and solutions.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Works well as part of a team but are proactive and can work independently.
- A confident and friendly manner
- Creative, innovative, and resourceful; able to identify opportunities.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £27,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 22nd May 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 30th May 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.