This is an exciting and varied role collaborating with different project teams from all around the RSC, for example by supporting our Publishing business, member community or teacher outreach programmes. You will play a key part in gathering market, customer and competitor intelligence to support strategic business decisions or product development. We are therefore looking for someone who is numerate, curious and ready to question patterns in data, and who has the communication skills to effectively share the insights we generate with our stakeholders.
As an Insights Analyst you will be responsible for conducting many different types of market research, such as, qualitative, quantitative and desk research. You will be supporting colleagues in the generation of robust customer, market, business and competitor intelligence and insights.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience of carrying out customer and market research using qualitative and quantitative research techniques, such as telephone interviews, surveys and focus groups.
- Experience of project management
- High level of numeracy and an aptitude for data gathering, analysis, reporting, and making recommendations, including:
- Microsoft Excel to an advanced level and good level of knowledge of other Microsoft Office packages
- experience of analytics and visualisation tools such as R, Microsoft Power BI,Tableau or similar
- ability to summarise key trends from market/scientific information, and produce written reports and presentations
- knowledge of statistical techniques used in market research
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. We are a provider of knowledge, a professional body and a voice for chemical sciences, with a heritage that spans 179 years. We work with industry and academia to promote collaboration and innovation. We advise governments on policy, and we promote the talent, information and ideas that lead to great advances in science.
The contractual base for this role is Cambridge, however we are currently embracing hybrid working, and therefore you will have the opportunity to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date.