Internal Audit Manager
Location: Luton, Macclesfield UK
Competitive salary and benefits apply
You have Pharma Sector experience, and/or will have worked in a managerial-level audit role, in a large global organisation or a Big Four accounting firm (or similar). You have a strong track-record of delivering business value through internal auditing, and have a passion to contribute to the success of an innovative and forward-looking team and wider organisation. Your knowledge, audit experience and global outlook mean you could make an exceptional Internal Audit Manager within AstraZeneca, a world-leading pharmaceutical company.
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. The only one who can put limits on the scope of your career is you. With the right skills and passion we'll help you explore what AstraZeneca has to offer.
This role sits within our Group Internal Audit (GIA) team. Our remit is to provide independent assurance that AstraZeneca is achieving its objectives effectively and in the right way; to provide AstraZeneca Leaders the independent assurance and insight to navigate risks, in pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. Our ambition is to be recognised within the company as a valued partner, and amongst peers as a leading Internal Audit function.
Reporting to the Head of Audit for Research & Development and Global Medical, you’ll have real scope to make an impact as our aim is to be a top-performing internal audit function.
Main duties and responsibilities:
You’ll work with internal teams on a complex portfolio of global audits, working collaboratively throughout the audits to highlight issues and propose solutions. Audits could cover all wider enterprise functions and processes e.g. R&D, Operations, Finance and other enabling functions.
You’ll be required to quickly develop relationships with senior leaders and management teams, and evaluate a range of judgemental issues around governance, risks and controls. We’ll expect you to provide oversight, coaching and feedback on peer and team member performance to support their development.
We’ll also look to you to innovate and drive continuous improvement in our auditing processes, including sharing knowledge with the wider team. Another key focus will be to identify insights and themes to share with the business on the challenges and risks that arise. We’ll expect you to have an appetite to learn and develop, given the range of audit and advisory projects you’ll be involved with.
And your broad audit experience and global outlook mean you could make an extraordinary Internal Audit Manager with AstraZeneca, a world-leading pharmaceutical company.
- Strong Pharma Sector experience, and/or experience of leading complex internal audit engagements.
- Ability to lead, motivate and contribute to multi-disciplinary teams across different global locations – incorporating GIA colleagues and/or co-source support.
- High level of personal integrity, tenacity and independence.
- A flexible communication style, able to adjust your approach and influence others, including senior leaders.
- Ability to analyse complex issues from a range of perspectives and form considered judgements around the actions to be taken.
- Strong project management skills to both lead individual assignments, and co-ordinate and monitor broader programmes.
- Ability to undertake occasional international travel, as required.
- A relevant degree or postgraduate professional qualification.
- Strong business English, including both written and verbal communication.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.