With constant new products and launches, there’s never been a better time to join Supply Chain and shape our future with a big contribution to life-changing medicines. If you are driven, take smart risks and are able to act quickly, then this is the place for you!
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. We work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges.
External Supply and Manufacture (ESM) supports the Operations strategy by establishing and managing suppliers across the world that meet our global standards. Through external suppliers, the team manages approximately one third of AstraZeneca’s value of production. ESM plays a key role in ensuring the external supply chains are robust and deliver value to AstraZeneca through driving continuous improvement.
Our team also supports New Product Introduction through external supply, plays a pivotal role in integrating companies and products that AstraZeneca acquires and bringing innovation through supply chain programmes e.g. Market Access. Your work is performed in a global environment, with a strong focus on cross-functional collaboration with other roles and function areas!
As an International Distribution Coordinator, you will handle customer orders from allocation through to delivery to customers. You will take ownership of distribution and produce documentation to support shipments from our suppliers and warehouses to customers. You will have daily contact with suppliers, freight forwarders, other AstraZeneca functions and other roles within ESM.
You will also have an awareness of supply chain processes and products and keep up to date with changes in the supply chain related to shipping and distribution information/data. You will actively work with Practical Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement in cross-functional teams, both as team member and as team leader as appropriate.
- Planning distribution of pharmaceutical products in compliance with international road, sea and air transport legislation
- Raising required shipping documentation and facilitating communication between a global network of external suppliers, AZ sites, freight forwarders, customs and supply chain planners, to ensure timely delivery of products
- Take ownership for the customer invoice process and returns to suppliers and customers in collaboration with Supply Chain Coordinators and identify and resolve any customer credit blocks
- Handle the administration and investigation of supply and logistics complaints and drive improvements
- Proactively coordinate and process Registration sample orders and shipments for ESM products to ensure delivery on time
- Processing deliveries and invoices in SAP
- Maintain and demonstrate compliance with Sarbanes Oxley guidelines for all financial transactions carried out in this role and accurately measure and report key performance indicators where applicable
Essential for the role
- Degree in Supply Chain or Logistics or other relevant business field - equivalent experience will be taken into consideration
- Experience and knowledge in distribution, logistics or freight forwarding
- Appreciation for standards and data accuracy
- Strong system knowledge and understanding order management, invoice management, and distribution
- SAP (ERP) experience
- Veeva Vault QMS, SharePoint experience desirable
- Microsoft Windows / Office literate
In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and daring world.
Play an integral part in realizing our purpose: delivering life-changing medicines. It’s by being digitally enabled that we can make a bigger impact and contribution to society, the planet and our business. Feel the backing and investment of our leaders as we accelerate our Digital journey forward.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table - brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Welcome with your application no later than 22/11/23. Please note that interviews may be held continuously during the application period.
Opening date: 08/11/23
Closing Date: 22/11/23
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.