IT Support Team Manager
CAMBRIDGE (also covering London and Luton)
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Close Date: 13th December 2023
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your ambitious spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
As IT Technical Support Manager you will be responsible for the end user experience and delivery of end user IT services this role will perform the day-to-day front of house onsite IT activities so that Customer Experience, Service Excellence & Design and Site IT Technical Team objectives are met.
This is an exciting role where you’ll be accountable for ensuring the ‘effective delivery’ of Corporate IT ETS (Enterprise Technology Services) services to our global customers through the Global ‘AskIT’ service (an enhanced end user support service on key sites Tech/Genius Bar) and the effective delivery of deskside support services.
This means leading a team of onsite engineers who will be delivering various tasks such as incident and/or demand management, ‘AskIT’ (including customer service), act as hand & eyes for the central teams, process consistency, service improvements and satisfaction measures, Asset management and stock inventory of any IT equipment on site to support Joiners, Movers and Leavers processes. The team lead will also assume responsibility for third party engineers and work with the relevant partners to ensure that contractual obligations are being met. Additionally, any other key processes that contribute to the overall customer experience of our IT services.
Essential Skills & Experience required:
- Degree level education within IT or equivalent experience
- Strong experience of working in an ITIL and Lean focused environment
- Experience of working within a matrix organisation to set the vision and priorities for engineering teams
- Strong experience of Line management including recruitment, developing people to achieve goals and ensuring this is an outstanding Place to Work.
- Strategic assessment, with an enterprise mindset
- Drive future innovation and continuous improvement,
- Ability to proactively engage and influence cross-functional stakeholders internally and externally, and build strong alliances to leverage and promote optimised utilisation of data, information and knowledge
- The desire to achieve and maintain the highest level of customer experience at all times
- Ability to influence strategically and persuade tactfully to obtain desired outcomes while maintaining effective, positive, organisational relationships
- Demonstrated leadership capability and experience of leading teams in a complex global organisation
- Ability to effectively communicate in local language and English
- Knowledge and experience of ServiceNow is desirable
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions, unlocking the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
So are you ready to start your journey? Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch soon.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.