Cell therapies have been shown to cure devasting and previously untreatable diseases like cancer by re-programming the patient's own immune system. Giving more patients access to these life-saving therapies requires a revolution in manufacturing and process automation.
Cellular Origins, a TTP Company, is enabling scalable, cost-effective and efficient manufacture of cell and gene therapies. Cellular Origins’ proprietary technology addresses the challenges associated with manufacturing at scale with an elegant robotic manufacturing automation solution that reduces cost and labour, eliminates human error, and increases efficiency.
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
We’re looking for experienced Mechanical Design Engineers ready to make a significant impact in cell therapy manufacturing. You’ll be taking on a key role in creating robust, manufacturable detailed designs for our robotic manufacturing systems. As a lead designer you'll be responsible for designing critical modules, leveraging your expertise to swiftly guide us towards stable and reliable solutions.
If you're someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, enjoys tackling complex challenges, and approaches design with precision and diligence, then we’re looking for you.
Join us on our mission in steering the system towards excellence. You’ll join a fast-growing, interdisciplinary, team with a passion for solving worthwhile problems. This is somewhere to really make your mark, working in a technically challenging and impact-driven venture, with bright and committed peers, to define the future of cell therapy manufacturing.
- A strong academic background in Engineering, gained either by degree or vocational route.
- Proven, extensive, hands-on experience developing and delivering products into manufacture.
- Able to construct tolerance analyses and use appropriate analytical techniques to aid your design work.
- Highly skilled and fast in the use of 3D CAD (ideally SolidWorks).
- An innate feel for either (or both of) precise, complex devices and larger factory automation systems.
- Working knowledge of electronics, electrical schematics and control systems or willingness to learn.
- Experience working with novel life science or medical technologies would be beneficial, but not essential. A consumer product, automotive or aerospace background (for example) could also be ideal.
Come and join our mission! We're closing applications for the role on Wednesday 14th February, 09:00. Every application will receive a reply.
Cellular Origins is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business. It is based on the TTP Campus, within purpose-built sustainable offices, labs and green surroundings, 10 miles south of Cambridge. TTP Group takes a long-term approach to investment and has been at the forefront of bioprocess automation for over 20 years. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work.
Our employee benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- An activities and community fund that supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships.