Learn. Earn. Innovate.
Join us on our Degree Apprenticeship program and grow within one of the most historical UK-forged technology companies!
Acquire the technical knowledge to propel your career, whilst also working with some of the brightest minds in industry. All whilst avoiding any student loans & obtaining a yearly salary.
About the Apprenticeship Program
- 2 Year Degree Program studying Project Management (L6)
- You will study one day a week (20% of your work time) with the rest in your team
- You will have a line manager, industrial tutor, buddy and academic tutor as well as program support
- Annual rotations between software teams gives a wide range of experiences
What will I be working on?
You will work with our global team of software delivery Project Managers, supporting them with a range of traditional project management tasks such as:
- Project planning & scheduling
- Risk management and status reporting.
Join their project team meetings and experience first hand how Arm's leading edge software is developed.
Why Join Arm?
We’re one of the world’s leading tech companies, with more than 40 locations in 19 countries, and our technology spans everything from the no. 1 supercomputer to the micro:bits used in thousands of schools worldwide.
But, unlike many technology companies, we’re not big on hierarchy – so if you have a new concept, a project to pitch or a different approach to a problem, we want to hear about it. We nurture an entrepreneurial approach at every level, welcoming all perspectives to see opportunities and solve problems. After all, here at Arm, ideas are our DNA.
As well as our expansive digital-first approach, you can expect a truly rewarding experience. Plus a whole range of great Arm benefits – including 25 days holiday, comprehensive health care and a competitive salary.
Who We’re Looking For
Our Apprentices come to us from a variety of backgrounds and subject areas. Many are school or college leavers taking their first steps in tech, but we also welcome people with broader life experience, and career changers who may have gained experience in a different field and are eager for a new challenge.
Formal qualifications aren’t the most important factor. What we look for in our Apprentices is passion, potential and, above all, curiosity.
We want people who can show us why they’re interested in working in tech, how they imagine their future, and specifically why they think Arm is the right place for them.
- Valid passport/birth certificate and NI number
- Must have lived in the UK and/or EEA for 3 years prior to apprenticeship start date
- Must be working in England for at least 50% of working time
- Not undertaking another apprenticeship or government funded qualification at the same time
Prior learning requirements
- Evidence of Level 2 qualifications in 4 subjects including Maths and English e.g. GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above, Functional Skills, or ESFA-approved equivalents*
- Evidence of Level 3 qualifications e.g. 3 A Levels at grade C or above, BTEC (or equivalent)*
- If English is not your first language, you will be expected to demonstrate a certificated level of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
And any of the below:
- A Level or Level 3 qualification in a STEM subject
- BTEC Extended Diploma (180 credits)
- International Baccalaureate at Level 3
- 2 years’ experience in a relevant role
Please note: To be eligible for an apprenticeship, you have to be gaining new skills and therefore cannot apply for an apprenticeship in a subject area that you already have a degree in.
A successful apprentice will have
- Have a keen interest in Software
- Development/Programming and Electronics
- Be able to explain why they’re interested in working in tech and specifically why they think Arm is the right place for them
- Enjoy solving problems and overcoming logical barriers
- Hold excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- We always want to hear more about your experience and the projects you have worked on. Please include any extracurricular activity which will help your application on your CV.
A key part of every new job is ‘what’s in it for me?’ On top of the already compelling Life at arm, we are famous of our team culture - including Friday focus times, regular career conversations, remarkable diversity-, equity and inclusion approach and continuous improvement mentality. We have quarterly ‘days of care’ devoted to wellbeing as well as ‘connect days’ where teams socialise and connect with the wider business.
Salary - £27,000
Course - Institute for Apprenticeships