We are looking for an engineer with scripting and automation skills, systems administration, and Linux support experience. This role will sit within our IT Services team, who provide support to over 700 colleagues and are responsible for defining, developing, implementing and maintain and wide range of services to support business systems and processes.
This is a new position to provide more specialist support to engineers currently running tools and infrastructure. You will work closely with engineers in two of our technical Divisions and, when ready, take over some of the critical aspects of these systems.
As part of the IT Services team, you will collaborate with the engineering teams to build, deploy, maintain and improve engineering tools and infrastructure such as Git, SVN , Jira and in-house developed systems. You will contribute to the continuous improvement of operational processes and we will support you as you learn.
- Build, deploy, maintain and ensure the operational availability of engineering tools and infrastructure
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Troubleshoot issues with applications and services
- Ensure engineering infrastructure and tools are patched and monitored
What you can bring
- Experience of supporting Linux-based platforms and VMWare
- Competency in networking and a scripting language
- A willingness to learn new tech skills as required (we will train and support you!)
- An appreciation of IT Security and Cyber Security best practices
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.