Team Consulting is a successful and award-winning medical device and technology consultancy, solving complex challenges for our clients and creating products that meet user needs.
We are now looking for a highly driven individual to join as Managing Consultant in the drug delivery sector, based in our Cambridge, UK office. Approximately half of your time will be spent time supporting consultancy and development projects and half working with the Head of Drug Delivery on new business growth for Team Consulting’s drug delivery sector.
- technical leadership and expert review in areas which match experience
- new commercial opportunity identification and development, including proposal generation, building and nurturing of relationships with new and existing clients
- leading the management and growth of key accounts within the drug delivery sector
- some project management duties as appropriate, mainly on focused consulting programmes
Team Consulting is a 100% medical focused development consultancy. Our clients range from large pharmaceutical corporations to groundbreaking start-ups. We develop medical products from concept to launch by bringing together deep expertise across ‘strategy and user experience’, ‘engineering and science’ and ‘regulatory compliance’. The high quality of our work underpins our reputation in the industry and our focus is to build lasting relationships with our clients. Our core sectors cover drug delivery, MedTech, diagnostics, surgical and digital health.
At Team, we work together to change lives for the better by helping our clients deliver commercially successful, award-winning solutions that meet the needs of a highly regulated industry.
Knowledge and experience
- strong degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- broad experience in the development of drug delivery devices/systems and combination products, in either the injectable or respiratory fields (ideally both), or other
- extensive expertise and experience in one or more of Team’s key disciplines e.g., engineering, human factors, design, applied science, device testing or programme management
- strong understanding of the requirements of key industry standards and regulations
- experience of tackling complex, multi-dimensional problems
- ability and willingness to travel
Skills, abilities and personal qualities
- an extensive track record - we anticipate that good candidates are likely to have 10-15 years relevant experience of leading drug delivery device /technology development projects in a technical consultancy environment or similar
- commercially aware and able to build long term relationships with clients or key external stakeholders
- able to seek out and drive new commercial opportunities
- able to demonstrate excellent personal consulting skills, identifying and engaging with client needs
- excellent client management and influencing skills, including the ability to manage expectations, budgets, and timelines
- confident, inquisitive, enthusiastic, and engaging
- a team player who knows the boundaries of their own expertise – instinctively collaborative, proactively seeking the input of colleagues while maintaining effective communication channels
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others. We welcome applications from any and all backgrounds.