Are you a curious and creatively minded mechanical engineer looking for exciting and fulfilling experiences? Do you have a passion for understanding technology and a methodical approach to solving tough problems? Would you like to work on a wide selection of products for clients in the Industrial, Consumer, Energy and Defence industries?
We are hiring a mechanical engineer who specialises in fluidics, thermodynamics and heat transfer. You may be a graduate, or an individual with a couple of years of industry experience.
To learn more about what life is like at Cambridge Consultants, please click here: https://www.cambridgeconsultants.com/careers/life-at-cc-cambridge
The Mechanics and Design Department undertakes the development of innovative devices and equipment from concept to manufacture whilst addressing considerable technical and design problems.
We combine user centred design, innovative mechanical engineering, a rigorous systematic approach to problem solving and a broad base of industry experience to form a powerful development team. Our work ranges from undertaking complete product developments from concept to market, to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, strategy or development processes. One of our key capabilities is in fluid dispense technology development e.g. aerosols, foams, microfluidics and heating/cooling systems.
Some examples of some of our more recent exciting and challenging projects we have worked on include:
- System design of a fully automated larvae rearing system for processing food waste into high value protein for animal feedstock: https://www.cambridgeconsultants.com/case-studies/entomics-biosystems-insect-larvae-rearing
- Vinfusion: An app lead personalised wine blending and dispensing device with a touch of theatre: https://www.cambridgeconsultants.com/projects/vinfusion-art-and-science-wine?source=3763
- Catalogue: Development of the world's first DNA-based platform for massive data storage: https://www.cambridgeconsultants.com/case-studies/catalog-dna-data-encoding-machine
What you will be doing!
This is an excellent opportunity for a mechanical engineer with the ambition and ability to achieve excellent results within highly demanding industries under tough commercial and time constraints. You will be using your technical skills to contribute to product development projects with support and guidance from seniors; from initial idea generation through to the delivery and manufacturing support for market ready products. This may include:
- Carrying out research into cutting edge technologies and markets
- Taking part in concept generation and problem-solving workshops
- Evaluating ideas using evidence from modelling or experimentally obtained evidence
- Preparation of detailed designs, from system to component level
- Manufacturing of parts and assemblies, hands-on or by liaising with suppliers
- Testing of designs to ensure they meet the client’s and end customers’ needs
What you can bring!
A successful mechanical engineer in the Mechanics and Design Department will have a strong ability to:
- Communicate with peers and clients to understand their problems and present your solutions
- Use maths and physics to solve complex engineering problems, especially those involving fluid mechanics, heat transfer and thermodynamics
- Design elegant solutions to client’s problems
- Obtain and analyse simulated/empirical test data to gain insights into design performance
We also recommend taking a look at our FAQ’s & Tips page for help with your application: https://www.cambridgeconsultants.com/careers/faqs-tips