At eg we engineer real products based on our collective engineering experience and innovative thinking and have a great record of delivering inspiring and successful products across a wide range of market sectors. We know how to get products to market for our clients by specialising in industrial and mechanical design, human factors, electronic and software engineering, project management and quality assurance.
We value teamwork and collaboration. We are client-centric, open, honest and share our ideas, experience and knowledge across projects. This creates a supportive, enjoyable and relaxed environment for our valued team, which we are currently looking to grow.
We are looking for someone who combines creativity, logical thinking, and attention to detail and who can use their strong design/engineering/scientific background to analyse and solve design challenges across varied developmental projects. You will use a variety of approaches including concept creation and embodiment, theoretical modelling and simulation, detail design and development, hands-on prototyping, testing, and producing documentation for manufacture. You will be involved in the full product development lifecycle from meeting clients and generating initial ideas, through engineering development, to the delivery of working designs and transfer to manufacture.
Your continued development is paramount to us and we will therefore offer tailored guidance and support whilst working on interesting and challenging projects.
You will represent the company through external meetings with clients and suppliers, as well as being an effective member of internal project teams.
You will contribute as part of a team to work from client instructions on concept development, refinement, evaluation, prototyping, testing, detail design, design for assembly and transfer to manufacture as required for individual projects.
Design work and deliverables to be undertaken in accordance with industry standards and working within an ISO 13485 quality management system.
Idea candidate requirements:
- A flair for creating and developing innovative and practical solutions to challenging problems often with stringent requirements.
- An understanding of the skills and tools used in problem analysis, concept development, detail design, evaluation and manufacture of, medical devices, lab instrumentation, food and drink industry processing and manufacturing equipment, industrial products and consumer products.
- Knowledge and evidence of use of strong CAD skills, ideally in Solidworks.
- Knowledge of different prototyping and manufacturing processes and their suitability at different stages of the product development process and for different applications.
- Knowledge of aesthetic design and user interaction would be an advantage.
- An ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts through personal interactions, presentations, sketches and written reports.
- A keen eye for attention to detail across all of their work.
- A proactive and rational approach to the management of ambiguity, unknown factors and risks in projects.
- The skills to plan projects and manage their time effectively and efficiently against project time and budget constraints.
- An open attitude to working in a peer-review culture of project and design work.
- On track to achieve or have a relevant honours degree with a minimum of a 2:1.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our employees, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave with the opportunity to buy-back additional holiday
- A discretionary profit bonus at the end of our financial year
- Generous matched contribution company pension scheme
- Comprehensive private healthcare benefit scheme
- Life Assurance
- Investment in professional development and learning
- We have a flexible working policy
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
eg technology is an integrated product design and engineering consultancy. Our engineers are world-class and have the experience and passion to create exceptional products for our clients which not only make it to market but make a genuine impact once there. Our aim is to be the chosen product development company for both
our clients and employees.
Although eg technology is an engineering company, our business is really about people. We value and look after everyone who works with us, meaning our staff stay and we establish long-term working relationships with our clients.
The projects that we work on are exciting and interesting, and teamwork is key to our success. Collaboration, contribution and communication throughout the business are key to delivering results, both internally and externally.
Does this sound like the place for you? If so, please send us your application.