Medical Affairs Lead - Precision Oncology
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Closing Date: 13th December 2023
Introduction to role
Are you ready to redefine cancer treatment? As a Medical Affairs Lead - Precision Oncology at AstraZeneca, you will be at the forefront of our mission to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. Reporting directly to the Oncology Medical Affairs Head, AZUK you will drive initiatives to enable the next generation of biomarker testing and diagnostic solution adoption into UK practice for improved patient identification and outcomes. This role offers an opportunity to work on the cutting-edge of science with our rich pipeline and make a significant impact on patients' lives.
As a Medical Affairs Lead, you will ensure the timely, high-quality input into our Oncology Business Unit (OBU) UK plans, supporting optimal companion diagnostics/testing solutions that enable informed treatment choices and support patient access to the right medicines. You will be responsible for leading all Medical Affairs activities related to diagnostics, in collaboration with the Therapy Areas teams. This includes precision oncology insights, medical evidence generation strategy and plans, integration of diagnostic plans into medical plans, and contribution to internal and external medically led education. You will also ensure high quality medical and scientific contribution on emerging biomarkers and new innovation in precision oncology. All your activities will be carried out in compliance with AZ standards, standard operating procedures and external regulations.
- Degree in Life Sciences, or equivalent medical/scientific qualifications and/or significant industry and/or therapeutic experience
- Diagnostics/Assay development/deployment knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated ability in pharma/life sciences and/or medical experience (e.g. significant clinical/academic/medical affairs agency roles/organisations)
- Experience of multi-stakeholder management
- Experience of leading on medical plans and strategic medical initiatives
- Good understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of role of companion diagnostics and patient identification approaches
- Ability to influence others without authority
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data
- Autonomous, independent and self-starter
- Customer focused
- Able to interact with experts at all tiers
- Post-graduate qualification
- Cross Therapy Area knowledge
- Broader experience gained working in different functions
- Exposure to decision-making bodies
At AstraZeneca UK, we are committed to delivering against three missions:
- Accelerating the position of the UK as a global centre of excellence in life sciences
- Redefining healthcare through fast and equitable access to the most effective medicines, high quality care
- Delivering sustainable leadership that prioritises healthy people, society and planet
Our head office in Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It brings AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and collaborators in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as develop greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
At AstraZeneca, we change the practice of medicine and improve the patient experience by generating and communicating compelling medical evidence. We are a high-performing team within a global, growing organisation. Our culture is one of openness and transparency, fused with ambition and drive. We work hard to not just meet but go beyond the needs of patients and the wider healthcare industry. We leverage our partnerships with external experts across the industry, to create and communicate evidence that changes medical practice. We choose to work together, leveraging the diversity of our skills and expertise, working seamlessly and inclusively to go further whilst building long term relationships with all our stakeholders.
Are you ready to join a team that is not only changing the practice of medicine but also saving lives? Apply now and be part of our mission to eliminate cancer as a cause of death!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.