Medical Ethics Manager - Oncology
Competitive salary and benefits
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Medical Ethics?
Do you have a deep understanding of the UK Pharma industry and the ABPI Code of Practice?
Are you an excellent communicator and use a pragmatic and proactive approach to addressing projects and stakeholders?
If yes, we would love to hear from you!
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us!patient's
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
Change the way cancer is treated by making an impact at every point in the patient journey. We are thinking and acting faster than anyone to ensure the data we’re producing helps physicians care for patients better. To ultimately deliver clinical promises to the real world, and improve patient outcomes and their quality of life.
Join our globally-renowned Oncology area, which is leading the rapid business growth of our enterprise and ever-evolving industry. It’s an exciting time to join as we work towards our big ambitions with entrepreneurial thinking and innovation. It’s up to us to find solutions and act fast to make them happen.
We are committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to people most in need. Our broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is passionate about the disease areas of breast, ovarian, lung, gastrointestinal, genitourinary and haematological cancers, using four key scientific approaches: immunotherapy, tumour drivers and resistance mechanisms, DNA damage response, and antibody-drug conjugates.
Our ambition is to eliminate cancer as a cause of death through scientific discovery and collaborations.
What you’ll do
As Oncology Medical Ethics Manager you will:
- Grow an in-depth understanding of the assigned oncology therapy area (Haematology, Women’s, Lung or GI / GU cancers) and the self-regulatory framework that we work within the UK (ABPI code of practice)
- Review and approve in a timely manner, agreed materials and activities within area(s) of defined therapy area or medical accountability
- Be an integral member of the therapy area medical affairs team in helping drive innovative, value-adding projects in a compliant manner
- Help upskill the relevant medical and cross-functional team with the ABPI Code of Practice, in partnership with the learning and development managers
- Support in the delivery of the OBU Medical Affairs strategy within the assigned therapy area
Essential skills and experience:
Must be an experienced Final Signatory
- Registered Physician (preferably GMC) or Pharmacist (member of General Pharmaceutical Council of GB)
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry (preferably within Medical Affairs)
- Holds ABPI Final Signatory status
- Good track record in terms of integrity and personal reputation
- Pragmatic and solution driven
- Evidence of effective team working, accountability and time management
- Patient and customer insight through experience in the NHS or pharmaceutical industry
- Member/Fellow of a Royal College or the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Practical experience working with digital / omni-channel projects and compliance
- Expertise in Oncology
- An understanding of commercialisation processes/marketing activities and needs surrounding the effective promotion of drug products
- Previous experience working in a compliance, safety, quality, regulatory, health economics environment or Medical Information within the NHS or pharmaceutical industry
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a phenomenal Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your ambitious spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. A broad culture that fosters diversity and teamwork, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
If you are inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do by joining us on this exciting journey and believe you can contribute to this bold ambition – join us!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.