Medical Science Liaison – Oncology
Location / Territory: London, South East Coast
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 27/11/2023
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Medical Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Oncology sector in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us!
Medical Affairs ensures the best patient outcomes by providing healthcare decision-makers around the world with the evidence and confidence they need on AstraZeneca therapies and support our internal stakeholders with medical insight and expertise. Medical Affairs provides medical leadership with market participation and connectivity while also impacting the life cycle planning and execution of all our products. Medical Affairs aims to lead AstraZeneca in achieving scientific leadership, being a great place to work, and keeping patients at the core of everything we do.
In order to accomplish our goals and enable the best patient outcomes, we look for future AstraZeneca medical network leaders to have five (5) core capabilities:
- A track record of building and maintaining a deep continued connection to Medical Practice/healthcare delivery
- Collaborative/matrix management skills with a focus on leading diverse groups (e.g., cultural, geographical, functional) to achieve excellent results in shared goals
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distil complexity down to what matters to our stakeholders
- Strong Financial/Budget Management and Project Management skills
- Strong business acumen
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as MSL (for those already in the pharma industry) or significant previous experience post-graduation in an oncology clinical setting (for those entering pharma industry)
- Degree in relevant field of study, including nursing, medicine, pharmacy, pharmacology, biology, biochemistry, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of basic research, drug discovery, drug development, clinical environment
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry, health care or research environment
- Proven ability to understand, assimilate and communicate scientific information
- Proven track record to engage and develop lasting relationships with experts in complex clinical environments
- Proven demonstration of successful working in complex cross functional teams
- Direct experience in clinical trials (preferred, not required)
- Project management experience (preferred, not required)
- Thorough written and verbal communication skills + presentation skills
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next
If you are inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do by joining us on this exciting journey and believe you can contribute to this bold ambition – join us!
Where I can find out more
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.