Our mission is to push the boundaries of complex cell analysis. Using the Lightcast platform we are working with major pharmaceutical companies and leading academic institutes. Together, using our next generation microfluidic platform, we are making advances towards new science, unique clinical approaches, new therapies and innovative products.
The Lightcast platform allows precise and highly flexible independent control of thousands of microdroplets independently and in parallel using software-generated light patterns. By combining droplets containing different cells, antibodies, cancer drugs, reporters and /or other reagents we can perform complex workflows and assays with a flexibility far beyond what is currently possible on any cell analysis platform.
As we continue to expand our technical team and are now seeking a full time or part time technician with expertise in microfabrication and micro-device assembly to help launch these devices into commercial production and supply devices to our pilot and development programs.
Your responsibilities will include:
Device assembly and process optimisation
- Construction of microdevices including hands-on assembly tasks and cleanroom work
- Developing fabrication and assembly methods for Lightcast’s microdevices
- Work with the engineering team to devise assembly jigs and prototyping tools.
- Following rigorously-defined assembly procedures and instructions
- Devising and running validation and verification tests including semiconductor metrology and measurements using breadboard instruments
- Working with a stock database and stock control system for recording keeping and documentation
Collaboration and planning
- Liaise with external sub-contractors and suppliers
- Participate in team technical discussions and problem-solving exercises
- Contribute to technical meetings
- Contribute to work plans and test designs
We would expect you to have:
- A degree in Engineering, Physics, Electronics or a closely related discipline or, a relevant technical vocational qualification or, alternatively, two or more years of technical experience relevant to the role.
- A technical track record in microfabrication or assembly, including one of more of the following techniques
- Electronics assembly
- Layer deposition techniques such as ALD, PECVD, PVD
- Semiconductor processing
- Glue dispensing
- Precision alignment processes
- Experience of device inspection and quality checking
- Ability to work with complex operating procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent teamworking skills
It would be advantageous for you to have:
- Experience with MEMS devices or microfluidics
- Experience of relevant device-assembly techniques such as those used in displays, solar panels or electronics packaging.
- Experience working in a commercial pilot production environment
- Experience with 2D CAD for work with photomasks
- Experience working under a quality standard such as ISO:9001 or similar
We welcome applications from people looking for both full or part time hours and can offer flexible working arrangements.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Lightcast Discovery offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including:
- 26 days holiday, plus Public Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Share option scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Subsidised gym membership and weekly cross fit sessions
- Access to Cycle to Work and Technology schemes
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Plus more….
Here at Lightcast Discovery we have an informal, open work environment where collaboration and innovation are at the heart of what we do. We’re based in West Cambridge, near excellent transport links and plenty of local amenities. We regularly gather as a team to hear about developments across functions and to share ideas. We enjoy social events and regular team lunches, promote career development and learning opportunities. It’s an exciting time to join our revolutionary team as we push boundaries and continue to grow.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Strictly no agencies please