Who We Are
Founded in 2008, Intrasonics is recognised as the leading global provider of audio watermarking technology for applications in audience research, forensic watermarking, and synchronised second screen apps. In 2021, Intrasonics was acquired by their long-term partner Ipsos, the third-largest market research company in the world.
Headquartered in Cambridge, we have developed and patented audio recognition technologies that put us in a unique position in the market. You’ll be working in a collaborative environment with an exceptional R&D team who are constantly refining our technologies and products as well as creating new ones.
Successful applicants will be joining at an exciting time in the company's life at the beginning of a new project, building an app from the ground up using the latest technologies and best practices.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Developing applications and software development kits for iOS, Android, and other smartphone platforms;
- Implementing interfaces to internal and third party servers;
- Contributing to the company’s software development strategy and architectures;
- Producing and configuring demo apps for clients;
- Managing and prioritising multiple tasks;
- Project managing technical development where required;
- Mentoring of junior development staff when required;
- Communicate with customers to establish requirements.
A successful candidate will bring:
- A good technical degree or equivalent;
- An interest in audio technology;
- An enthusiastic attitude with a ‘gets things done’ mentality;
- Good communication skills and ability to commit to and meet deadlines;
- The willingness and ability to rapidly pick up new technologies;
- Flexibility in approach, and ability to adapt schedules against fast changing priorities;
- Thrive in working in a dynamic, small company environment;
- Extensive professional experience developing natively for Android and/or iOS;
- Keen interest in developing for both Android and iOS.
- iOS – Objective C/Swift;
- Android – Java/Kotlin;
- Android - JNI
- A solid understanding of software design and algorithms;
- An understanding of software version control (preferably git) and problem tracking;
- An ability to produce clear, informative supporting documentation;
- Experience designing testable software and writing automated tests, as well as working with CI/CD systems;
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix command-line;
- UI design.
Our commitment to you
- Competitive salary with discretionary annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare;
- 25 holidays + bank holidays + additional leave after 2 years' service;
- Extended parental leave;
- Cycle2work scheme;
- Newly refurbished offices located by Cambridge Station and the Botanic Gardens;
- Regular Friday afternoon dedicated to fun projects (of your choice) and learning;
- Relaxed and informal working environment, with regular team outings (e.g. team lunches, escape rooms, karting, board-game nights, etc) and optional sports lunches (e.g. climbing, running, etc);
- Complimentary refreshments.
Our team also benefits from our commitment to employee wellbeing and Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives including, flexible working hours, free access to Cambridge Botanic Gardens, and opportunities to participate in community events raising money for charities i.e., the Cambridge Half Marathon.
Diversity and Inclusion
Intrasonics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to equality, treating people fairly, promoting a positive and inclusive working environment, and ensuring we have a diversity of people and views. We don’t just look at your CV. Our focus is on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to the team.
Our office is based in Cambridge, but we have worked remotely throughout lockdown. We expect to have some set office days where the team gets together but also a remote working component going forward. We’re still figuring out the mix that will work with the team. Our office is a 5-minute walk to the local train station making it an ideal location for commuters.