Are you interested in shaping the system architecture of future Arm-based products? This role offers you the opportunity to work on the early analysis and exploration of promising future technologies!
In this role, you will be part of the design space exploration (DSE) team in the Central Technology Group. The DSE team analyses system-level power, performance, and area (PPA) of future technologies, using performance models. The DSE team works closely with IP teams, system architects, and product managers to capture technology trends and conduct exploratory studies. This requires a mix of technical, analytical, and communication skills.
Part of your work will be the design and development of the performance models that are used for DSE studies. This will allow you to work on topics like power/thermal modelling, thermal control, job scheduling, caching, and modelling of processing elements, interconnects, and memories. You will use DSE performance models to explore PPA of multiple system architecture candidates for key use cases (e.g., gaming, AI camera, video streaming) to identify the most promising future system architectures. The ideal candidate will also play a key role in identifying new technologies (e.g., new memory types, heterogeneous integration). You will contribute to an exciting, engineering-focused environment in a field that is at the forefront of new technology in the industry.
- Design and develop early performance models for design space exploration
- Create system architecture and use case models
- Explore PPA for a wide design space of system architecture variants for key use cases
- Analyse performance bottlenecks and suggest mitigations
- Interact with different teams to identify technology trends and conduct exploratory studies
- Present your results to a wider audience
Required Skills and Experience:
You will have knowledge and experience in several of these areas:
- Programming in C/C++ and SystemC
- Programming in scripting languages like Python, Perl, Bash
- Understanding of the basics of CPU and GPU microarchitecture, caching, and networking
- Be pro-active, open-minded, and self-motivated
- Be analytical, curious, and diligent
'Nice-to-have' Skills and Experience:
- Web development
- Power/thermal modelling
- Digital hardware design (e.g., RTL design, synthesis, physical design)
This represents an opportunity to be creative and make a difference. There are also opportunities to attend and contribute to global conferences and exhibitions within and external to Arm. The right candidate will also get the opportunity to lead, mentor and/or manage other engineers if up for the challenge as and when opportunities arise.
We offer a competitive reward package including annual bonus, RSUs, healthcare and wellness support. As well as other benefits such as a supplementary pension, and 25 days annual leave (with option to buy an additional 5 days per year). There's even an on-site gym in Cambridge and social events organised within the company!
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.