No agencies please.
The Clinical School Computing Service (CSCS) is a specialist IT division of over 40 staff, supporting the medical researchers, educators and professional service teams of the School of Clinical Medicine, which is both the largest School within the University of Cambridge and a part of the growing Cambridge Biomedical Campus.
The Network Operations Lead is a member of the Network Team in CSCS and is responsible for leading the operational work within the Network Team. This includes supporting the network in response to customer tickets escalated by the CSCS service desk and network performance data. In addition to this, the Network Operations Lead supports space planning requests and organises equipment refreshes based on end-of-life cycles.
You should bring the following:
- Significant experience working in a technical support environment, exhibiting an appropriate breadth and depth of technical knowledge in an enterprise IT setting.
- Experience of working within an IT Service Delivery environment working to ITIL principles (including incident, request, change and problem management).
- Experience of using a modern IT Service Management tool to deliver incident management.
- Evidence of developing and applying an understanding of a new technology to deliver business results
- Evidence of effectively sharing technical knowledge and skill to support the outputs and learning of colleagues and users.
- Expertise in the following technologies: Cisco Networking and Firewalls
- A CCNA qualification is essential; ITIL Foundation qualifications are also highly desirable.
In addition to the above, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also essential as you will be working with a wide variety of people at all levels across the University. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail are a must.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact the Philippa Hewett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic disclosure (criminal records check) check and a security check.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please ensure that you upload a covering letter and a CV in the Upload section of the online application. The covering letter should outline how you match the criteria for the post and why you are applying for this role. If you upload any additional documents which have not been requested, we will not be able to consider these as part of your application.
Please include details of your referees, including email address and phone number, one of which must be your most recent line manager.
The closing date for applications is: 12th December 2023
The interview date for the role is: To be confirmed
Please quote reference RY39591 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.