Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
Spotting supporter potential
- Spot opportunities to build networks among our online fundraising community and flag these to the relevant members of the team.
Online Administrative Support
- Provide lead administrative support for all Facebook challenges
- Deliver the best possible support to online fundraising supporters, including gaming and streaming fundraisers
Creativity and Trend Hunting
- Keep abreast of and identify new online fundraising trends through horizon scanning.
- Evaluate potential opportunities to understand which ones we should prioritise.
- Build strong relationships with teams across the organisation in order to work collaboratively, allowing you to offer the best stewardship journey to our supporters.
- Keep up to date with dementia news and research developments to communicate to supporters.
- Use creativity, knowledge and opportunity to identify areas for change.
What we are looking for:
- Confident working with computers.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience of working in a customer service role.
- Enthusiastic and polite telephone manner.
- Confidence in making telephone calls to new and warm individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Able to juggle multiple demands on your time and prioritise appropriately.
- A passion for wanting to deliver the best, first-class stewardship journey for our incredible supporters.
- Warm, friendly and personable.
- A professional and hard-working team player with a positive and collaborative work ethic.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to processes.
- To be agile, flexible and understanding that work priorities may change at short notice due to the nature of fundraising.
- Flexibility to work occasional unsociable hours when the role requires.
- Willingness to travel independently when required.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 3rd July 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 4th July 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us at email@example.com
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
*Please note the official title for this role when applying is Online Fundraising Executive.
We are also recruiting for a similar position of Supporter Engagement Executive, should you feel your skills are also aligned to this role we would welcome you to apply
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK