Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
Operations and Risk
- Engage and support Risk Owners to ensure the operational risk register is up to date
- Own our workflow development platform (LogicGate)
- Maintenance of the policy register
- Be trained to provide First Aider and Fire Warden coverage
- Collaborate with all areas of the charity to promote a culture of compliance
- Own and lead on a range of compliance activities as directed by the HORC
Health & Safety
- Ensure ARUK is compliant with all relevant H&S laws relating to office safety, lone working, agile working, volunteers, events etc. covering a range of topics e.g. DSE, Manual Handling, Fire Safety, Loneworking, Agile Working, Safeguarding etc.
- H&S Risk Assessments
- Face to face bespoke training and awareness campaigns
What we are looking for:
- Health & Safety Qualification and/or relevant experience
- Compliance experience
- Experience of carrying out control assessments
- Excellent organisational and administrative experience
- Up to date industry knowledge in related subjects e.g., health and safety
Ways of Working; As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum, plus benefits.
The closing date for applications is the 30th January 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 7th February 2022. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. When applying, please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a certain date.
To be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us.