Part Time (3 days per week) Senior SHE Advisor/ Specialist, Science Team
Salary and Benefits - Competitive
Introduction to Role:
Join us at an exciting time as we transition to our new R&D Centre and Global Corporate HQ in the heart of Cambridge, a world-leading scientific hub. We are seeking a Senior SHE (Safety, Health & Environments) Advisor/ Specialist to join our scientific safety team. This role provides an opportunity to offer scientific safety advice and bring speciality in Biological/Chemical/ Radiation/ Process safety and Industrial Hygiene support to Cambridge Operations.
As a Senior SHE Advisor/ Specialist, you will manage customer needs and expectations across a broad range of services, providing high quality, timely and cost-effective service. You will provide technical support to multiple lab or office-based teams daily, ensuring adequate local induction/ instruction and training. You will lead the planning, managing, and monitoring of major Safety, Health, and Environment projects from concepts to implementation. You will also keep your knowledge of best practices and new developments up to date and develop contacts across a range of departments and/or external groups acting as SHE Team representative.
Essential Skills / Qualification/ Experience:
- Degree level in science or equivalent
- An accredited Health and Safety qualification e.g., a NEBOSH General Certificate/ Diploma or equivalent experience or a plan to work towards achieving it.
- Knowledge, ability, and experience to translate relevant Safety, Health and Environmental legal requirements and best practices in a pragmatic and proactive way.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Evidence of working in a team and customer support role
Desirable Skills/ Experience:
- Project and people management skills
- Experience of advising or managing Safety, Health and Environment in a scientific organisation or a passion for this area
- Knowledge and ability to apply relevant legislation/developments in Safety Health and Environment with a focus on COSHH and Ionising Radiation Regulations and maintain own professional awareness and development.
- Hold a post-graduate qualification in health, science, or engineering discipline.
- Understanding of multiple aspects of Safety, Health, and Environment
- Experience of working in a science/ research environment either in academia or industry or similar
- Membership of the Institute of Occupation Safety and Health. Should hold CMIOSH or working or willing to work towards it.
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
At AstraZeneca, we follow the science to explore and innovate. We are working towards treating, preventing, modifying and even curing some of the world's most complex diseases. Here we have the potential to grow our pipeline and positively impact the lives of billions of patients around the world. We are committed to making a difference by fusing data and technology with the latest scientific innovations to achieve the next wave of breakthroughs. It's our combination of curiosity and courage that drives us, inspired by the possibility of doing things that have never been done before.
Are you ready to be part of a team that unlocks the power of what science can do? Are you ready to make an impact on patients' lives? If your passion is science and you want to be part of a team that makes a bigger impact on patients' lives, then there's no better place to be.
Apply now and join us in our mission to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines!
This role is open from 08/02/2024 we welcome your application no later than 22/02/2024.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.