Cambridge MRC Doctoral Training Programme
iCASE PhD Studentships
Embark on a journey of cutting-edge research and innovation with our MRC Industry Partner (iCASE) PhD studentships! We are offering a number of fully funded opportunities to combine academic research and training with industrial experience.
Details of the available projects offered for October 2024, jointly with our industrial partners, can be found on our website (https://mrcdtp.medschl.cam.ac.uk/prospective-students/)
As a Cambridge MRC iCASE student your award includes:
- A competitive annual stipend of £21,122 (above the UKRI minimum of £18,622) for four years;
- Full payment of University fees and essential research costs;
- Membership of the Cambridge MRC Doctoral Training Programme, comprising students across the University linked to the MRC, providing a cohort of peers in allied research areas to broaden your exposure to different fields;
- Training provided through the University's Postgraduate School of Life Sciences and Researcher Development Programme, in both specific scientific and more generic skills to support your career development;
- Access to MRC Flexible Funding allowing further exceptional training opportunities or internships beyond your core research, enabling you to enhance your experience and CV;
- Membership of the University of Cambridge and one of its colleges providing a breadth and rich diversity of academic culture and wellbeing support;
- Access to one of the largest biomedical research communities in the world, with many opportunities to network and collaborate.
How to apply
- For information on available projects, follow the instructions on the Cambridge MRC DTP website https://mrcdtp.medschl.cam.ac.uk/prospective-students/how-to-apply/
- Applications must be made via the University online application portal. Click here for full details and instructions, https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/directory/cvcmpdmsc
- The course name is MRC DTP iCASE Programme.
For general enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact MRCiCASE@medschl.cam.ac.uk
The closing date for applications is 5 December 2023.
Interviews: online interviews are expected to take place in the week commencing Monday 22 January 2024
The MRC DTP and University of Cambridge actively support equality, diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from eligible applicants from all sections of society.
Academic requirements: At least a 2:1 Honours degree from a UK university or equivalent in a related topic. If your degree is not from the UK, please check International Qualifications to find the equivalent in your country.
English language requirements: The University requires a high level of proficiency in English. For details, click here http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/competence-english/will-i-have-language-requirement
Residence Eligibility: UK students will be eligible for a full studentship, covering the costs of Home fees.
International students (EU and non-EU) are eligible for all Research Council-funded postgraduate studentships, and the Cambridge MRC DTP will be able to offer a limited number of studentships to international students, with funding to cover both fees and a stipend to support living costs.
Further information on how your fee status is determined can be found here: https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/finance/fees/what-my-fee-status
Please quote reference RA39023 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.