Primary Care Account Specialist
Location: North West London
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 2nd January 2024
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As a Primary Care Account Specialist in the CVRM Business Unit, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
In this role you will sell AstraZeneca brands to healthcare professionals across a number of LHE accounts, always representing AstraZeneca’s high ethical standards. You will work as part of a cross functional team, responsible for selling to prescribers (or prescribing influencers) in GP practices, hospitals and retail pharmacy, as defined by your Regional Business Manager according to the local business needs at a given time. You will develop strong customer relationships built on your understanding of their needs and your ability to establish your credibility by satisfying those needs. You will demonstrate a high degree of knowledge within your specialist therapy area and employ a range of promotional tactics to successfully develop prescribing among the customers you work with. You will contribute positively to the sales team and broader account team you work within, to build strong business plans and deliver effectively against them.
In this role, you will:
- Be accountable for meeting or exceeding sales and market share targets in your area for the brands you promote.
- Be accountable for delivering against the customer and business objectives your Regional Business Manager agrees with you.
- Accountable for effective territory management – e.g. understand local NHS priorities to develop and implement effective call plans
- Contribution towards the delivery of the annual P&L and contribution budget, and Sales targets.
- Deliver against all agreed individual and team metrics in order to achieve Account goals, investing resources and budgets in line with agreed plans /
- Be accountable for maintaining high levels of clinical knowledge in your specialist therapy area and high levels of NHS knowledge to understand the context your customers work within.
- Be accountable for consistently achieving high standards of In call Capability, effectively using all promotional materials appropriately
- Be accountable for always working within the AstraZeneca UKMC governance framework and ABPI.
Essential for the role
- Educated to degree level preferably from a Scientific background.
- Full driving licence.
- ABPI qualified (unless new to representative role).
- Sales experience.
- Presenting with strong interpersonal, communication and influencing
- skills (both with customers and colleagues).
- Awareness of external competitive practice.
- Strong results focus.
- Shows initiative and is self-starting.
- High emotional intelligence demonstrated through management of own attitude
Desirable for the role
- Knowledge of the customer and therapy area within area of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of basic Microsoft programmes.
- Success in pharmaceutical sales.
- Degree qualified.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare!
So, what’s next?
If you are inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do by joining us on this exciting journey and believe you can contribute to this bold ambition – join us!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.