Us – The AI Group
The AI group in Cambridge Consultants develops innovative and novel technology at the exciting intersection of Machine Learning, High-Performance Computing, and world leading product development. We work on projects ranging from small, fast-paced studies to large multidisciplinary developments of 50+ engineers. Cambridge Consultants operates at the forefront of experimental AI research. We combine our research output with engineering rigour to create innovative and robust AI solutions to solve complex problems presented to us by our clients and create deep-learning systems that interact with humans in real time.
This role might be right for you if you are:
- An experienced and passionate Data Engineer/ Data Scientist with a keen desire to broaden their horizons in new and exciting areas
- A creative thinker who thrives when faced with tough engineering challenges
- A skilled technical leader who can lead teams of 2-5 engineers
As a Principal Data Engineer you will contribute to every stage of our technology development lifecycle, from developing proof-of-concept demonstrations for initial sales leads, to designing, implementing and testing innovative new products. You will bring your strong team leadership and collaborative skills to bear by taking significant responsibility for technical delivery, on projects ranging from small developments involving 2-5 engineers to large-scale multidisciplinary programmes. In addition to day-to-day project work, you will also play a part in creating the Cambridge Consultants of tomorrow, contributing to new Intellectual Property generation, championing best practise, and developing our capabilities in emergent technologies and techniques.
You will have the opportunity to steer your career along the path of your choice, whether you prefer meeting and talking with clients or leading large teams on multiple projects. Our collaborative and supportive working environment allows our engineers to quickly develop their skills and knowledge in unfamiliar areas, enabling us to drive the development of innovative technologies evolving at a rapid pace.
To be suitable for this position, we’re looking for people with the following:
- A solid understanding of managing: machine learning experiments and workflows; large data sets, including database structure and optimisation (SQL); ML Ops and testing; AI frameworks (e.g., kubeflow or similar)
- Experience working with Deep Learning models
- Working knowledge of Python, C, or similar language
- Experience of successfully leading project teams
- A passion for engineering, technology and solving the impossible
- An imaginative and inquisitive mind and eagerness to learn new skills
- A good degree in a relevant subject such as Data Science, AI, Computer Science or Mathematics.
The following would be advantageous, but we would still encourage you to apply without:
- Acceleration with GPUs / parallel programming
- Experience working with or managing AI computation infrastructure