Are you are a motivated software functional safety leader/architect, looking for an impactful role applying your knowledge in a new field?
As the functional safety authority in the Mali™ GPU Software Architects team, you'll be working across multi-disciplined teams to define and influence the direction our software developments.
Through requirements analysis, requirements gathering, feature design and application of technical expertise, you will guide the work of a large SW engineering team, the wider organisation and GPU product.
Working within a diverse group of architects you will be analysing functional safety requirements of our SW components in the system. You will also ensure designs in our software architectures and hardware meet the standard required to meet safety requirements. Beyond the architecture team you will provide technical leadership to our development teams in the technologies and practices you will help to define. The role will allow the candidate to work closely with teams across the GPU organization such as HW development teams, product marketing and technology research, providing your technical expertise in these other domains. Through customer discussions and presentations you will understand our partners, while providing key representation of Arm.
- Experience of functional safety in SW and industry standards e.g. ISO26262 etc.
- Strong background in technical roles
- Experience in requirements analysis, software architecture definition and documentation.
- Understanding of computer system architecture and HW product development.
- Good background in software development; ideally with C or C++skills.
- Have an analytical and hands on approach to work.
- Able to work across a wide geographical area and different teams.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Experience of embedded systems or firmware development.
- Experience of cyber security standards ISO21434
- Experience of people leadership.
You will get to work with our Mali and Immortalis GPU product lines, a diverse group of people and learn about the latest GPUs and the application of functional safety to new use cases. Utilising your engineering skills to help build our technologies and impact millions of devices for years to come. You'll have the opportunity to drive and bring your ideas to a wider group across the organisation, build your technical leadership, influencing skills and build towards becoming an established and recognised authority within the existing team. The GPU product line provides a rich roadmap in different domains and allows you to experience the demands from diverse use cases.