We are looking for an experienced RF Systems Engineer to join our team.
The RF Systems Group is responsible for delivering designs that range from small RF sub-modules through to complete wireless systems. The group works alongside other disciplines to deliver these services to clients and are therefore fortunate to work closely with a wide range of groups across the company.
Cambridge Consultants has deep expertise in wireless communication technologies, with one of the largest independent wireless development teams in the world. We work across the entire wireless landscape - from high-volume consumer applications such as portable internet-based devices, through to professional high-performance systems such as the air traffic control radios used to govern the US airspace. The markets that we address include telecommunications, healthcare, industrial, satellite, consumer and automotive. This breadth of wireless activity provides tremendous variety to our team.
What we can offer
As a Principal RF Systems Engineer, you will play a key role in the creation and development of new ground-breaking wireless products, from initial concept through to product specification and successful delivery. The role involves leading the top-down RF systems design, board-level RF circuit design and design validation of our clients’ products.
You will have the opportunity to work on ground-breaking wireless designs, for example:
- Developing a novel air-interface and bespoke communication systems for the Ocado Smart Platform controlling hundreds of robots in grocery distribution centres
- Prototyping the world’s largest commercial airborne antenna to deliver superfast 5G to every corner of the globe
- Developing the Iridium Extreme satellite phone, the first truly-global ‘push-to-talk’ mobile communications system
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of a close-knit, multi-disciplinary project team focused on delivering design solutions to our clients
- Be responsible for preparing “top-down” specifications for wireless systems, taking the wider view of the product and application requirements and converting them into real solutions
- Create detailed RF systems design, component selection, circuit level design and laboratory-based design validation of our clients’ products
- Where appropriate, take a lead role in the regulatory approval and/or field-based design validation of our clients’ products
- As required, present designs, results and/or conclusions to clients in a way that demonstrates the value added by Cambridge Consultants
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of our CAD & simulation systems to enhance our development capability
What you can bring
Ideally you will have a degree in electronic engineering or a related discipline, with extensive experience of RF system & circuit design. And will therefore have current experience of RF techniques and RF laboratory test equipment.
You will also have extensive experience of hardware development and hardware design validation, with strong knowledge of the product development process through to manufacture. It is important you have the ability to interact effectively at all levels in client organisations, and therefore require good oral and written communication skills.