The Mali GPU Software Architects team is looking for an experienced and motivated GPU guide to bring up exciting graphics and machine-learning API features on our current and future Mali GPU products. As part of our cross-site, multi-disciplined, teams across Arm’s worldwide engineering centres, you will set the direction of SW engineering to reach optimal driver, GPU and firmware performance, and shape the future of Mali GPUs!
Working within a diverse group of architects, you will be responsible for implementing new API features in our graphics and ML DDKs, extracting the best performance possible out of the CPU and GPU. You will be involved in the design of the GPU SW stack, the firmware, as well as future GPU HW revisions. Your analysis will include studying existing designs and looking for improvement opportunities across the whole stack. Potential areas of focus include the Khronos graphics API implementations, firmware and system integration aspects. You will be working closely with R&D, HW teams, lead partners, and customers, as well as providing technical leadership to the engineering teams.
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces graphical and compute processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU in volume. You will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world!
We are a distributed team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Skills & Experience required:
- Strong background in graphics and/or ML APIs such as Vulkan, OpenCL, OpenGL ES, DirectX, TOSA, TensorFlow.
- Experience of using ML techniques to improve visuals and graphics performance, or reduce power consumption.
- Experience of analysing performance problems, and providing solutions backed up by objective data.
- Have a dedicated, analytical and hands-on approach to work.
- Experience in requirements analysis, software architecture definition, documentation, and communicating information to a wide audience.
- Ability to work within an international, multi-discipline, organization around the world.
- Experience of providing technical leadership both internally and to customers.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Experience of embedded systems or firmware development.
- Experience of Arm CPU architectures.
- Experience of development in a Linux, Android or similar environment.
- Experience of Khronos APIs.
- Experience of people leadership.
- Proven software development background; knowledge of C / C++, Python is a plus.
- Experience of comprehensive software optimisation from bare-metal to high-level.
In return you will get to influence the direction of our Mali and Immortalis GPU product lines, learn about the latest GPU and graphics technologies, utilise your engineering skills to build support for the technologies and influence millions of devices for years to come. You will be able to drive and bring your ideas to a wider group of our leading experts, build your technical leadership and influencing skills and build towards becoming an established and recognised authority within the existing team. The GPU product line provides a rich roadmap in different domains and allows you to experience the demands from diverse use cases.