8-12 week Summer Internships in Process Engineering
At AstraZeneca, we’ve long been advocates of industrial training! Follow your curiosity and strengthen your skills with projects tailored to you, your interests and future ambitions –helping you to be an outstanding candidate no matter which path you pursue. You’ll get to do meaningful work in a cutting-edge research and development driven organisation. As well as developing the skills, knowledge and connections that will set you up for success, you will be among curious, passionate and open-minded people eager to learn, follow the science, and grow as professionals in a truly collaborative and global team.
We are looking to recruit 8-12 week summer interns for summer 2024 in Process Engineering at our Macclesfield site in the UK.
The Macclesfield Campus is an essential part of AstraZeneca’s UK Operation and the 2nd largest operational site within the company’s global network. It is approx. 100 acres with around 4500 people working on site. The site is unique in the AstraZeneca network, having Operations, R&D, G&A, IT and others on its site.
The successful role holder will either work in Chemical Development or Oral Product Development as part of the Process Engineering group, responsible for application of new technologies and safe manufacturing scale up, leading to right-first-time campaigns.
- Within Oral Product Development the successful candidate will assist with the development of any small molecule tablet or capsule based drug products.
- Chemical Development are for responsible for the design and delivery of the chemical manufacturing processes and controls that deliver active pharmaceutical ingredients for our medicines.
Our 8-12 week summer student projects are typically a science and technology project which will offer laboratory and project management experience.
Responsibilities of the role
- Effectively plan project work
- Communication of results and outcomes
- Follow safe working procedures in a laboratory and pilot plant environment
- Integrate with development teams
- Currently in the second year or later of an undergraduate or integrated master’s degree with the opportunity to spend 8-12 weeks on placement starting in Summer 2024.
- Degree subject within a Chemical, Biochemical, or process engineering discipline.
Desirable experience and attributes
Successful candidates should have some experience aligned to the attributes below:
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and influencing ability.
- Good planning and information management skills.
- Ability to see opportunities, learn, and apply that learning to drive innovation with good collaboration and teamworking skills.
- Ability to use modelling packages e.g. MatLab, Aspen
Please include a CV and Cover Letter with your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.