TTP’s Omics team provides a core focus for our activities in genomics, proteomics and future omics. We partner with clients to provide solutions to difficult omics challenges – turning complex lab processes into groundbreaking tools and instruments.
We’re building upon a decade of experience working with some of the most exciting start-ups and leaders in this field, developing tools for sequencing, sample extraction and library preparation. We explore and create our own novel IP too - innovating across the Omics field from spatial biology and single cell analytics to novel approaches in RNA, DNA and protein sequencing.
We’re looking for a physicist with experience in omics hardware development and a desire to change how the world works. You’ll be working in an interdisciplinary team of technical specialists from diverse fields, delivering technically challenging projects that require a strong, collaborative approach.
As a physicist at TTP you’ll be given a high degree of ownership and variety. You’ll be trusted to do your work, whether that is time spent in the lab developing technical solutions or leading projects and building strong relationships with clients. As a project leader at TTP you’ll take the technical lead, deliver projects to tight deadlines and build strong client relationships.
If you are eager to develop both technically, whilst also improving your project leading skills and commercial aptitude, this is the right role for you. With experience, your combination of increasing market and technological insight will also enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even new areas of business.
Join us to contribute to inventing complex, ground-breaking instrumentation in a commercial environment.
- A strong academic background in physics
- Proven experience developing novel hardware within or for an omics environment
- You’ve led projects in a commercial environment
- You enjoy hands-on work - taking your theories into the lab and putting them to the test
- Experience working in interdisciplinary technical teams
The above list outlines our ideal candidate, but we know some of you may not apply unless you qualify for all requirements. We believe in the power and importance of diversity, both for our community and for the overall success of our business, so please apply if you meet the majority of our listed capabilities.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from TTP Campus, purpose-built sustainable offices, labs and green surroundings, 10 miles south of Cambridge.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
Our employee benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- An activities and community fund that supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships.