Purpose and role:
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will manage the production team including purchasing, scheduling, assembly & shipping
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the smooth & timely flow of product from purchased parts, through assembly and out to our customers
- Manage and develop the team
- Monitor and review stock to ensure optimal levels
- Take the lead in regular production review meetings
- Develop the production planning system, including MRP, to reduce lead times and improve on-time delivery.
- Report monthly on the department KPIs and ensure they are helping us meet our vision and objectives
- Continuously review the departments processes to ensure we are working as per our ISO9001 documentation and focus on improving them.
- Support strategic management reviews of vision and objectives to help shape future growth
Ideally you will have a relevant degree/apprentice trained or similar calibre with at least 5 years’ experience of working in a management role in a manufacturing/engineering environment. Including:
- Building and developing a Team
- Experience and management of a modern ERP system
- Experience of production scheduling, purchasing and supplier management
- A track record of analysing data and using results for strategic improvements
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business and help shape our future and continue your own development.
- 24 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary profit share scheme for all employees after one month of service and pro-rated for part years
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Workplace Pension scheme