Are you looking for an opportunity to develop CISL's sustainable finance ecosystem, providing strategic direction and developing existing and new areas of work within an inspiring, world-leading organisation? Do you want to contribute to our mission to create a more sustainable economy?
The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) is a globally influential institute within the University of Cambridge working on a mission to develop leadership and solutions towards a sustainable economy. More information can be found at https://www.cisl.cam.ac.uk/about.
The Centre for Sustainable Finance helps financial institutions play a leading role in building a more sustainable economy through a unique combination of deep industry collaboration, high-calibre research, and exceptional education programmes. We work with over 50 global financial institutions across banking, insurance and investments.
The Centre bridges the worlds of business, finance and policymaking in order to enable the transition to a sustainable economy, facilitating stronger mutual understanding between financial institutions, their clients in the real economy and the institutions which govern them.
As Programme Director for the Centre for Sustainable Finance you will directly support the Director of the Centre in developing of CISL's reputation as a global pioneer in transdisciplinary sustainable finance research, drawing on the breadth of Cambridge through partnerships. Working together, you will ensure that the research outputs that this team delivers contribute directly to the goal of evolving a finance system that rewards long-term thinking.
You will lead the design and delivery of programmes that support the mission and objectives of the Centre for Sustainable Finance. This involves providing strategic design, management, commissioning, governance, communication and funding services for the existing team as well as developing new areas of work within the topic area of sustainable finance. You will be responsible for securing income against CISL's sustainable finance research strategy and business plan.
Key skills and experience:
- Be qualified to at least degree level or equivalent with demonstrable commitment to the values that underpin the work of CISL
- Experience of working in fields related to sustainable finance
- Experience of delivering effective strategies for change and understanding of how to develop such strategies, especially to enable systemic change
- Successful fundraising from a range of sources
- Academic or industrial sustainable finance research development including line management of research teams, project and programme management, financial management and contract negotiation
- Senior management experience in complex organisation with a diverse range of specialist and generalist stakeholders
- Management of major, complex portfolios of research projects with organisational-wide impact
- Be commercially astute, with financial and budget management experience and skills
- Possess strong relationship management skills and a proven ability to grow and maintain relationships with partners; companies, policy makers and funders
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, be articulate and persuasive and be able to make complex content accessible to a wide range of audiences
What you'll receive:
- Working 37 hours per week; Hybrid/part-time working considered
- 41 days annual leave (inc bank holidays)
- Excellent benefits including a generous pension scheme, discount portal, cycle to work scheme, employee assistance programme, family friendly policies along with many more
- Access to the University's relocation and accommodation benefit schemes including reimbursement of moving expenses, visa loans, rental deposit loans, shared equity scheme
This post is permanent and located in Cambridge/hybrid remote.
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements (minimum of 0.8 FTE).
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact Recruitment@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference EN39103 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.