The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) has a great opportunity for a Programme Lead, Entrepreneur Development, to join us on a permanent basis.
At the RSC we embrace flexibility and offer hybrid working, which means our teams come together when they need to collaborate. Although this role is contractually based at our Cambridge or London office, you will also be able to work from home within the UK, with the expectation that you will attend our offices and travel as needed for your role. In this role you will attend our offices at least 1 day per week. If you need flexible working arrangements, please outline this in your application.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to help chemical sciences communities make the world a better place. With a heritage which spans over 180 years, we convene and mobilise key actors in the ecosystem to drive solutions to cross-sector industry challenges; we support SMEs working on high-impact chemistry innovations, especially those aiming to tackle some of the world’s most pressing problems; we are a trusted and authoritative voice with Governments and policymakers for matters impacting chemical sciences businesses and innovation.
Following the launch of the RSC’s Igniting innovation thought leadership report, we are building a movement to power change through deep tech chemistry. This will ensure every worthy idea has the best possible chance to make the journey to impact; whether it is nurturing budding ideas, helping to scale what works or breaking down barriers to progress.
One way we will do this is by providing leaders of deep tech chemistry ventures with the crucial knowledge and skills that matter most in successfully navigating their journey.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Programme Lead, Entrepreneur Development who will be responsible for the strategic development and operational delivery of a comprehensive portfolio of knowledge events for entrepreneurs building deep tech chemistry ventures, with responsibility for a c. £50,000 budget.
What we are looking for:
- Educated to degree level or higher, or equivalent experience in chemistry or a science related field.
- Extensive understanding of the needs of deep tech chemistry startups and scaleups, ideally gained through experience working within such companies or in an incubator, accelerator or scale-up support environment.
- Demonstrable business development and engagement skills.
- Highly developed network of contacts across the UK’s deep tech chemistry entrepreneurial ecosystem including startups, investors, funding bodies, industry, science parks and other stakeholders.
- Experience of planning and delivering online and in-person events, including training events.
- An ability to prioritise, cope with pressure and ambiguity, initiative-taking and well organised.
- Good collaborator; willing to share ideas and offer solutions to problems.
When applying, please provide an up-to-date CV and a supporting statement (no more than 500 words) indicating how your skills / expertise match the competencies outlined in the job description here.
At the RSC, we recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce and welcome applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply. We particularly encourage applications from disabled and ethnic minority candidates. As a part of the Disability Confident Scheme, we endeavour, where possible, to offer an interview to candidates meeting the essential criteria of the role, who has a substantial physical/mental impairment which impacts their ability to carry out day-to-day tasks. We are committed to making our recruitment processes accessible to all and as part of this, we are flexible in the ways we give and receive information. If you would like to apply using a different format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +44 (0) 1223 432229 and we will do our best to put any reasonable adjustments in place.