Full Time/Flexible working considered
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Length: FTC until 30th June 2023
Job Reference: 84825
We have a new opportunity for two Project Buyers to join our established Procurement team on a fixed term basis until June 2023; one role supporting Direct categories, the other supporting Indirect projects and sourcing activity.
About the role:
As a Project Buyer you will have an agile and proactive role within GRL Procurement team to support the Partners/Category Buyers in delivering added commercial value and risk mitigation. Picking up specific sourcing projects and running lower value RFx as required.
We're looking for people who can:
- Quickly understand the dynamics of the Institute and the Procurement department value proposition
- Build credibility with all colleagues through open and knowledgeable communication
- Be a self-starter able to run with small projects once briefed by Partners/Category Buyers
- Manage and prioritise project workload based on Procurement principles of adding value and mitigating risk
- Proactively identify new projects through stakeholder interaction
- Provide stakeholder insights back into Procurement team to inform Category planning
- Provide commercial insight to stakeholders and project teams, based on market knowledge and wider Institute activity
- Constructively challenge the status quo to increase value and identify/mitigate risks.
For full job details and accountabilities please see job description.
- Strong and collaborative working relationships with relevant stakeholders and project team members
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, but with full support of department colleagues where required
- Proven negotiator with suppliers and customers alike
- Strong advocate for Procurement value proposition
- Solution and output orientated with a willingness to take on challenges
- Proven ability to listen, understand business needs and provide win-win solutions in a proactive and principled manner
- Flexible and pragmatic attitude
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Good understanding of key contractual terms
We have adopted a flexible hybrid working model and our team have the opportunity to balance their time working from the office and remotely