Why join Marshall Land Systems in this role?
We are looking for an ambitious Project Manager to join our Land Systems team in a role that provides the opportunity to project manage our team working on a £700M electronic countermeasures System Integration and Support programme for our MoD customer. As well as working on this important project for Marshall, you will be integrated within the customer-facing programme delivery team alongside our Partner (Defence Prime) organisations.
With the size and complexity of this high profile Programme, it provides the opportunity to shape the future of our business and successful execution will drive growth. This is also a fascinating opportunity to be a part of major defence projects within a growing Company where you will see really tangible end-products.
Your responsibilities include:
- Ensuring on time / on cost delivery of the project to ensure optimal financial results and customer satisfaction are delivered, by exercising control of spend and forecast and implementing change control while seeking to improve margins.
- Ensure project baselines are protected and variations controlled, documented, reviewed and agreed.
- To manage the internal project team as required, and present project status to internal management via the in-house governance processes.
- To act as a customer interface, both directly to the MoD and also within the prime contractor consortium.
- Ensure opportunities afforded by customer scope growth are pursued, including leading proposals for change requests.
- Implementing Lifecycle Management and Project Management processes on the project and support continuous improvement of process.
- Leading project meetings including start-up, scheduling, risk, change, daily stand-ups, monthly and lifecycle governance checkpoints, Contract Status Reviews, ensuring full involvement and support of all service providers and independents as required
- Ensuring all project requirements and contract deliverables (e.g. technical, commercial, project management, delivery etc., both internal & external) are clearly understood from the outset (or firmed-up during the bid/contract negotiation phase) and documented in a Deliverables Matrix.
For this role you will need to have energy, presence and ambition. We are looking for someone that is able to energise a team, work collaboratively with all of our stakeholders (external and internal) and be focused on setting clear timelines and goals so we can ensure we achieve on all expectations and objectives, both on time and to budget.
Apply if you have most of the following:
- Demonstrating effective leadership, team building, decision making, communication and conflict management.
- Results driven.
- Management of stakeholders to achieve objectives.
- Degree or equivalent by relevant experience.
- Demonstrable track record of project management best practice on major programmes.
- APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), or PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) would be beneficial.
- Customer-facing or Project Management Consulting experience would be beneficial.
- Experience within a defence context is desirable but not essential.
- This role will require the ability to gain security clearance to work on UK national programmes.
The Benefits We Will Offer You Include
- 27 days holiday increasing with service up to 30 days (option to buy /sell)
- Pension contributions up to 9%
- Private medical insurance
- Extensive flexible benefit programme including Cycle to Work
- Life assurance at 4x basic salary
- Enhanced parental leave and pay
- Paid volunteering leave
- Access to industry leading wellbeing resources and tools
Based in the UK, with operations in Canada, Marshall Land Systems specialises in the design and production of deployable operational infrastructure and mission support for humanitarian, defence and security operations across the globe.
Other core services include the integration of complex systems into a range of vehicles for use by the military and security services including explosive ordnance disposal and battlefield ambulances all underpinned by a full in-life managed service provision to ensure customers‘ equipment is available where and when they need it.
Marshall Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marshall Group is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here.