Arm’s technology is the foundational intelligence in over 250 billion silicon chips and is fundamental to enabling dynamic new markets including Hyperscale Computing, Virtual Reality and Autonomous Vehicles. It is at the heart of hot technology areas such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things, to name a few.
Central Engineering Software (CE-SW) architects the future of a whole host of software technologies. We help our partners build creative Arm powered products, including your mobile phone, IoT connected devices, Augmented & Virtual Reality offerings, Autonomous Driving Solutions and advanced robotics!
Arm is offering an excellent opportunity to join the CE-SW Operations team in Cambridge as a Project Manager, playing a critical role in our multi-disciplinary group.
You will be responsible for leading and handling the successful delivery of a wide variety of project types whilst working with some of the most innovative minds in the industry. You will work in a dynamic environment, interacting with senior leaders and teams across the business, striking the right balance between innovation and driving improvements
Effective project management is needed to ensure successful delivery within CE-SW. Our team of Project Managers comes from a wide range of backgrounds with multi-disciplinary talents. We take accountability for ensuring delivery of high-quality software engineering outputs and work packages by interacting and collaborating with Engineering and Product Management.
To be considered for this role, you will have a good command of the principles of project management. We are looking for experience of delivery by leading technical teams, based on project management, agile, scrum master, team lead or release manager experience. Excellent communication skills are expected, as is displaying confident leadership and a dedication to engage the teams, thus driving your projects through to success. As a group, we are passionate about continuous improvement of both process and ways of working to improve engineering efficiency. We use metrics to drive improvement initiatives in those areas and you're encouraged to be very pro-active in identifying and driving through changes and improvements across the organisation.
- Plan, schedule and report on activities across multiple locations to deliver key project performance indicators efficiently.
- Empower and drive teams to deliver against commitments!
- Active management of risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Ensuring project governance and change control processes are followed appropriately.
- Work closely with adjacent functional groups such as Engineering, Product Management, Legal and Operations.
- Have excellent organisational skills, a ‘can-do’ philosophy and be a collaborative member of the operations team.
- Intentionally engage to develop and improve our processes and practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record leading projects within multi-disciplinary and diverse groups in a hi-tech or highly regulated industry.
- Delivery of projects using agile methodologies.
- Strong communication and networking skills to harmonize with peers, senior management, project players, and customers
- A positive, can-do behaviour which is adaptive to change, resilient and eager to accept new challenges within an evolving environment.
- Proficient in the application of standard Microsoft Office tools.
- Comfortable influencing, motivating and leading engineering/project teams.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle
- Familiarity with the concepts of Open-Source Software
- Usage of supporting tools commonly used in Arm project management e.g. Jira, Confluence, MSP
- Understanding of Project and Product Lifecycles
- Professional memberships or qualifications in project management methodologies e.g; APM/PMI/Prince2
You will have the opportunity to learn about the latest Arm architecture features, working closely with highly skilled engineering teams on ground-breaking technology. You will be empowered to continually identify and roll out improvements to our processes and ways of working; supported by a team of expert project managers.