Why join Marshall in this role?
Marshall Land Systems provides its customers, UK and International, with market leading solutions for Deployable Infrastructure, C4ISR, and Medical Systems.
Our projects span the product lifecycle and cover a range of technological and programmatic complexities; covering mechanical and electrical design, supply chain selection, prototype and production manufacture, assembly & installation, testing and certification programmes.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Project Manager to play a pivotal role in a growing business and help drive innovation and improvement into the marketplace.
We are looking for a Project Manager to lead projects from requirements definition and negotiation, though design and development and onwards into production and delivery. With engineering and production teams on-site in Cambridge, your leadership will guide the team to on-time and on-cost delivery, delivering cost-effective solutions which meet our customers’ requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Lead and implement Lifecycle Management and Project Management processes on all projects/bids and support improvement of process where necessary.
· Define clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for delivery of projects, documenting these in a RACI matrix in the Project Management Plan (PMP).
· Create and manage relationships with customers and subcontractors.
· Working closely with the project’s Systems Engineering Manager, manage the team to deliver in accordance with the contractual requirements baseline.
· Complete phase definition/tailoring for assigned projects with team members, ensuring this is clearly documented in the PMP. Collate all inputs for and produce Project Management Plan; maintaining this through the lifecycle as the “single source of truth” for all topics relating to the project.
· Manage accurate resource demand for your project.
· Lead effective Risk Management through the life of the project.
· Manage and maintain the schedule in line with internal and contractual requirements. Hold regular schedule reviews with the project team to ensure variations are understood, with latest forecast and new changes incorporated.
· Manage scope within the project, hold regular Change Board meetings with the customer and project team to ensure variations are managed and scope creep is controlled.
· Following established financial procedures to achieve accurate financial management and to facilitate reporting for both customers and internal governance
· Monthly EAC cost control, analysis of costs including labour and supplies, working with work package owners and supply chain managers to deliver the project within its budget
· Run Start-Up meetings, daily stand-ups, monthly project reviews, Contract Status Reviews (CSR) and Gate reviews with team ensuring full involvement and support of all service providers and independents as required.
· Demonstrate a clear overview of progress, risk, issues and readiness at reviews with clear and accurate signed off minutes issued, and all actions logged/progressed through central action log.
· Work with the quality department to ensure all processes followed for project and regular audits are in place and conducted.
· Ensure all project requirements (e.g. technical, commercial, project management, delivery etc., both internal & external) are clearly understood from the outset (or firmed up during the bid/contract negotiation phase) and documented in a Deliverables Matrix
Defence Industry experience is not essential; what is important is that someone is passionate and eager to learn more about this sector and has the experience to manage multi-function, high-complexity projects. Marshall’s purpose is to ‘build extraordinary futures’ and most importantly the successful candidate will be aligned to our purpose and eager to build and grow with us.
In terms of qualification, we will be looking for someone with a Project Management related qualifications or proven Project Management experience.
We are also looking for:
· Demonstrable end to end project delivery.
· Pro-active Project Manager comfortable with problem solving and driving tasks through to completion using your own initiative.
· Excellent stakeholder management skills, both internal and external; fostering collaborative relationships with the project team and the customer, in Engineering design, Production, Quality, Field Service and Supply Chain to facilitate the smooth delivery of the project.
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
· Self-starter, eager to learn, develop and grow.
· Collaborative but not afraid to voice opinions or challenge the status quo.
· Desirable but not essential - APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), or PMI Project Management Professional
· EVM experience is desirable but not essential
Based in the UK, with operations in Canada, Marshall Land Systems specialises in the design and production of deployable operational infrastructure and mission support for humanitarian, defence and security operations across the globe.
Other core services include the integration of complex systems into a range of vehicles for use by the military and security services including explosive ordnance disposal and battlefield ambulances all underpinned by a full in-life managed service provision to ensure customers’ equipment is available where and when they need it.