As part of the Helpdesk Operations team this role will focus on the management of projects. This will include the overall management of small works and projects with a value of up to £100K.
The role will also act as the Client in some projects over £100K, this would include the development of the Campus. You must ensure you are able to perform effectively within tight timescales and budgets. Ensuring good relations with the client and contractors throughout the project.
Due to the diverse nature of the Campus you will need to manage projects of all sizes and nature, as a result it will be key to plan and manage client’s expectations at all stages of a projects. This is a permanent role working in a busy team and requires an enthusiastic outlook, self-confident attitude and someone who can use their initiative to solve problems.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic and customer focused individual who will thrive in this busy and growing environment and is motivated by delivering a high standard of customer service. Excellent customer service skills and project management being essential. Previous experience of computer aided facilities management systems (CAFM) being advantageous. You will normally work 37 hours per week, from 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08.30 to 16.30 on Friday, with a one-hour unpaid lunch break, however you will be expected to be flexible based on the needs of projects.<
- Management of multiple small works and projects of up to a typical value of £100K at any time.
- Acting as a client on projects in excess of £100K.
- Responsible for the overall management of project resources, regularly reporting on the current and expected future workload.
- Maintain the collection of information from contractors and the maintenance of accurate records, this will include pre-qualification questionnaires, risk assessments and method statements, insurance and compliance documents.
- Assisting with the arrangement of works in tenant areas, coordinating access, shut-downs and permit to works to ensure works are carried out safely minimising disruption to those effected.
- Providing after-care to clients ensuring the outcome of every projects is positive.
- Management of updating operation and maintenance (O&M) manuals, ensuring plans, asset lists, preventative maintenance schedules and manufactures information is updated once a project is completed.
- Ensure the safe management of contractors at all times in accordance with the contractor policy.
- Attend and chair meetings as required, this may involve taking brief action notes at times.
- Continuously look to improve and develop processes and service to maximise the efficiency and to improve the Campus.
- Establish and maintain effective liaison between the clients, end users and other members of the project team.
- Promote the highest possible level of customer care at all times.
This list is not exhaustive, and the successful candidate would be expected to undertake reasonable additional duties in support of the site operations as and when required, especially in the event of major incidents that have the potential to endanger the life, building or reputation.
Education and Qualifications
- GCSE’s (or equivalent) English and maths, grade C or above.
- Project management qualification desirable.
- Safety, Health and environment qualification (e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate) desirable.
- Experience (at least 5 year) in project management is essential. It is desirable that this involves multi-occupancy buildings in the scientific sector.
- Experience of providing excellent customer service, ideally in a property letting and or management environment.
- Experience of using a CAFM System (Concept Evolution) desirable.
- Experience of working on an established campus or complex site dealing with multiple customers
Skills and Abilities
- Experienced in managing small to medium construction projects typically up to £100K is essential. Experience of working as the Client on larger projects would be advantageous.
- Good record keeping skills and ability to attend to detail meticulously
- Good interpersonal and communicative skills
- Great customer service skills with the ability to have empathy for the customers situation
- Experienced in Concept Evolution CAFM system desirable
- Expert user of Microsoft office applications – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work on own initiative, within a busy work environment providing strong leadership where required.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to deal with clients/customers on all levels either face to face, via e-mail or phone.
- Flexible and willing approach to work
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise tasks
- An appreciation and commitment to Health and Safety, with a good understanding of the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 being essential.
- Dedicated and passionate about delivering the best for customers
- Takes initiative to conduct own work and takes responsibility for meeting targets
- Resourcefully seeks and identifies workable solutions to day to day problems
- Builds rapport quickly, listens, empathises and engages easily with different colleagues and customers
- Understands different preferences/styles and is able to use the knowledge to effectively communicate and develop relationships
- Willingly provides assistance/support to others
- Has a clear sense of purpose and direction and takes personal responsibility for ensuring the quality of their performance.
- Quickly and proactively tackles/resolves issues before they escalate
- Combines facts, knowledge, experience and intuition to make informed judgments and decisions quickly
- Looks for creative new ways to respond to customers’ needs
- Identifies opportunities for improving organisational working practices
- Able to work on a non-smoking Campus
- Willing to travel for work if required
- Willing to work remotely as required
- Willing to act as an out of hours’ emergency contact on occasions
- Clean valid driving British driving licence