Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Experience of supporting and operating with an ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System (QMS), preferably an electronic one (EQMS).
- Ability to train and advise others in all aspects of the QMS and application of associated procedures.
- Carry out and report Internal Audits and associated corrective actions to the ISO Standard
- Coordination of activities to address of Corrective Actions, working with both suppliers and customers as required, fully analysing problems, and implementing effective solutions
- Develop internal business process maps and implementation on the EQMS.
- Support the maintenance of companywide Training and Competency Matrix
- Coordinate the departmental risk register action and monitor appropriate risk mitigations
- Support the reporting on appropriate KPIs to the Executive and Management Teams
- Work with Production team to complete full investigations into root cause analysis on defective products especially on the return of products with any quality related issues
What We Are Looking For:
Education and Qualifications:
- Engineering or Science related degree or equivalent
- Ideally additional Professional qualifications associated with the quality function
- Experience of working in a quality function within a technical field such as electronics, semiconductor or biomedical manufacturing or research and development environment.
Skills and knowledge:
- Proficiency to work collaboratively to troubleshoot issues, identify root causes and derive effective solutions to minimise production downtime.
- Competent in use of SPC, FMEA, 8D, DoE and LSS manufacturing approaches within an operations and production environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to contribute ideas, effectively communicate technical information, and to report on status of work in a timely manner.
- A team player with a proactive and flexible approach with the ability to handle time pressured challenges calmly and effectively.
- An enthusiastic approach to contribute toward the growth of an exciting new company, sharing experiences and applying it to new and novel activities at the leading edge of material technology
- Experience on ISO 13485 implementation and running of projects under the guidance of the standard
- Experience of Automotive and/or Aerospace Standards e.g. IATF 16949, AEC-Q100 and AS 9100 respectively
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001 (Safety Management), ISO 27001 (Information Security) and ISO 14001 (Environmental) advantageous.
- Knowledge of the importance of supplier management processes
- Basic understanding of Materials Science advantageous, but not essential
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external contacts
- Ability to present information clearly and appropriately for the audience
- Respect and adherence to confidentiality and critical matters
- UK Driving licence