Regional Healthcare Manager - South West
Respiratory & Immunology
Region: South West UK
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Close date: 22nd Jan 2023
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Regional Healthcare Management? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Respiratory & Immunology Therapy sector in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
As a Regional Healthcare Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re passionate about the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us!
AstraZeneca is a global, leading BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious disease.
Our role in contributing to decreasing mortality rates globally is clear – shaping the future by spotting a scientifically-led commercial opportunity and acting now to operationalise and scale it.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to deliver regional guidelines changes, and maintains a positive environment for AstraZeneca Medicines within pre-defined accounts (including ICS / sub-ICB / Health Board and other influencing bodies).
You will meet targeted clinical practice change partnerships and programs, ensures pull -through, working closely with local cross -functional teams .
In addition to demonstrating impact of them in terms of improved outcomes, multifaceted market shaping, market growth & market share. You will be required to understand and adapt to the Regional NHS environment, owns the regional thinking on the implementation of the NHS short and long-term plan to deliver on AZ business strategies and goals.
What you'll do
· Delivery of regional budget (sales target)
· Achieving Market Access at defined account level, supporting Patient access and practice change at a local level
· Effective business to business selling based on payer value proposition to support practice change at scale
· Implementing commercial and project-based partnerships with the NHS at a locality level as required by the business
· Developing and maintaining Regional account plans as part of the Regional Leadership team
· Developing and maintaining strong professional relationships with key partners (Commercial Payors, Clinical payors, Commissioners) to optimise regional access
· Developing clinical and strategic NHS advocacy, delivering short, medium, and long-term goals
· Ensuring compliance with all AZ governance policies and adherence to ABPI Code of Practice
Essential skills and experience
· Degree level of NHS qualification
· Full driving license
· NHS knowledge
· Influencing at a senior NHS level
· Emotional Intelligence
· Project Management
· Eye For Business
· Account Management
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add new value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.