Why we need you?
We are currently seeking a Relationship Officer to join the COSMIC team. You will be joining us at an exciting time, as we build and innovate for the future. You’ll play a vital role in shaping COSMIC’s success, direction and global impact.
We also are keen to invest in developing someone who has the right aptitudes but does not necessarily have prior experience in this particular role. This is a great opportunity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and could suit someone with a scientific background, looking to move into a more engaging, people-orientated role, building relationships across both our commercial and academic audience worldwide.
Working closely with the COSMIC Senior Business Manager, you will be someone with exceptional interpersonal skills who enjoys global communication and networking. You will be a highly motivated self-starter with questioning mind-set and an exceptional listening skills.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will support the Senior Business Manager in developing a robust pipeline of opportunities, identifying and cultivating relationships for either an engaging scientific conversation or identifying and qualifying commercial opportunities for business growth.
Working in co-ordination with the Scientific Communications & Marketing team, you will use social platforms or existing data streams, writing succinct outbound communications, cultivating relationships and making connections. You will also arrange and join conversations with our Scientific Intelligence Officer or our Senior Business Manager.
You will use exceptional organisation and analytical skills to ensure the value and insights gathered are captured meaningfully to highlight the impact and engagement of this work across our diverse audience.
There is opportunity for career progression in this role which can be discussed further at interview stage.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills and ability to build and maintain relationships, networking across a diverse group worldwide (face to face, written and video-conference)
- Research and information gathering skills
- Analytical skills to capture and extract value/insights from research and information
- Reliable and process driven with outstanding organisation/planning skills
- Database management and good level of literacy and competency in the use of Microsoft packages including Office
- Experience in multiple channels of social media (such as Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels across the operation including senior management.
- Respond flexibly and positively across a diverse range of users, always seeking to increase inclusion with a commitment to encouraging cultural understanding.
- Be a champion for equality, diversity and inclusion, and work collaboratively with a broad range of different organisations
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to balance conflicting priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Pragmatic and creative approach to problem-solving
- Discreet and a clear appreciation of the issues surrounding confidentiality
Application Process/Working Hours:
This role would be suitable for someone looking for hybrid working environment, willing to work flexible hours due to our global customer base.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and a Cover Letter outlining how you meet the criteria set out above and in the job description.
Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis and the role may close early if a successful appointment is made.
This will include a competency-based interview and short task interview.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance is accessible on day 1 for all
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity, parental and adoption leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
In 2020 we were awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.