Location: Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. is an integrated global pharmaceutical company committed to providing affordable and innovative medicines for healthier lives. We have a commercial presence in more than 40 countries and 23,000 employees worldwide are part of our success. Our purpose is to accelerate access to affordable medicines because we believe Good Health Can’t Wait.
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (EU) Ltd., Cambridge, UK focuses on developing technical solutions for the production of highly complex APIs. With a history in world-leading asymmetric bio- and chemo-catalysis together with continuous processing and high quality analytical support, our teams develop cleaner, quicker and more efficient routes to these complex molecules.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the early development and optimisation of new synthetic routes for the development of green and cost-efficient processes to manufacture complex APIs and intermediates.
Role and responsibilities:
- As a key member of the team, your role will involve the development and optimisation of cost-effective, robust processes for complex synthetic targets. This will include conducting thorough literature searches to identify potential routes, experimental evaluation of these routes on laboratory scale and transfer to larger scale when required. Ensuring compounds are delivered to the agreed schedule and specifications is essential.
- You will be collaborating closely with Analytical Scientists to set up the target compound specifications and then ensuring that the delivered compounds meet the required specifications.
- You will be required to regularly present your work at project review meetings with colleagues on other sites, as well as to compile clear and concise reports that summarise your work for technology transfer to other sites. Interacting with colleagues elsewhere in the company will be required and may include spending time at other sites to facilitate technology transfer.
Academic background and experience:
- A Ph.D. (or equivalent) in synthetic organic chemistry or a related field. Postdoctoral and/or equivalent experience within an industrial environment is desirable.
- A proven track record of development and implementation of synthetic routes to complex target molecules would be beneficial.
- Experience in the development and application of new technologies would also be of interest.
Key skills and personal attributes:
- Excellent synthetic chemistry knowledge, both theoretical and practical, is an essential requirement
- Effective communication skills are required for this role working across diverse teams and geographies.
- Good documentation practices are mandatory: meticulous recording of all experimental work is required as well as drafting reports and process transfer documentation.
- Willingness to take initiative where required and work pro-actively to achieve team goals.
- Ability to prioritise and manage your workload, and as required, be able to manage shifting priorities based on critical deadlines so that project objectives are always met.
- All-round IT skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, ChemDraw).
The opportunity to be part of an international team that accelerates the development of access to affordable medicines for patients worldwide. A competitive salary, with variable pay based upon performance, and excellent benefits.
True to our belief that Good Health Can’t Wait, Dr. Reddy’s invests in the growth, development and personal health of our employees. We offer a flexible working environment.
Salary: Competitive salary and performance bonus, within our scientist role band.
Dr Reddy’s is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all staff. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and we would particularly welcome applications from women, who are currently under-represented in our laboratory.
Closing date: this is set for Friday 21st February 2022 but we may bring this forward depending on the number of applications we receive, so please do apply as soon as you can.
Applications from agencies will only be considered by prior agreement.