We have ambitious plans to change the DNA synthesis landscape. We want our technology to enable customers to solve society's biggest problems.
We are seeking an exceptional research associate to become a valuable member of our growing team. This distinctive opening presents a chance to join our accomplished and diverse organisation, recognised for its groundbreaking greenSynth™ DNA synthesis technology. The selected candidate will play a vital role in supporting the running and organisation of our labs.
This role requires you to work onsite at our laboratory.
- Support staff with the day-to-day lab operations
- Maintain a high standard of lab safety throughout the company
- Perform experiments that support the production of genes
- Use software for tracking lab processes and inventory
- Work independently to improve our lab operations
- Help to coordinate work across teams
Essential Skills and Experience
- BSc in molecular biology or an equivalent degree
- Experience with molecular biology techniques e.g. cloning/transformation, DNA preps
- Industrial experience in a relevant industry
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Attention to detail when working in the lab, and following SOPs
- Proven ability to prioritise work to meet key objectives
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Operational excellence, such as 6s manufacturing processes
- Experience in implementing and maintaining excellent lab health and safety
These are desirable skills and are not essential. If you do not meet these desirable skills but believe you are a good candidate, please still apply.
Title: Research Associate
Location: Chesterford Research Park, Cambridge
Holidays: 30 days + UK Public Holidays
Benefits: Flexible working, private medical insurance including counselling, stock option plan, bonus scheme, perk scheme, and company social events.
Park Facilities: Onsite restaurant, gym and 7-hole golf course, free electric car charging points, coach service to central Cambridge and shuttle bus service to Great Chesterford train station.
Application Deadline: 27th November
Zoom Interview Date: 4-5th December
Onsite Interview Dates: 12th-13th December
If you have any questions about the role or the company, please contact us via our chat service on our careers homepage.
Camena Bioscience embraces the diversity of our employees and their opinions. We are a small, committed team trying to make diversity, equity and inclusion part of everything we do. Our application process is anonymised, and our recruitment is systematic.
We can currently only accept applications from people with the right to work in the UK and cannot offer sponsorship at this time.