Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Work closely with the Research Informatics team and EDoN scientific teams to build effective relationships with key stakeholders, facilitating collaboration across EDoN and its wider networks, and engaging current and future collaborators to ensure the objectives of EDoN can be met effectively.
- Support the identification and management of new strategic collaboration opportunities for EDoN within the digital health, technology, AI, commercial and research space and facilitate an approach to engage with these stakeholders.
- Coordinate effective engagement with EDoN collaborators, maintaining strong working relationships, communicating key milestones and progress, and identifying new opportunities for the project.
- Coordinate key EDoN activities including organising events, meetings, workshops, training, networking, and other activities that drive collaboration and knowledge-sharing across the EDoN initiative, working in collaboration with existing teams in ARUK (Events and Communications teams)
- Support the development and dissemination of EDoN materials such as publications, portals or shared resources with the wider research community.
- Support the work of the EDoN Coordination team, composed by members of the ARUK Research Informatics team (Project Management and Strategic Collaborations), Policy and Ethics, Communications, Fundraising and Governance.
- Work collaboratively with the ARUK Communications team to identify opportunities and ideas to engage and grow the EDoN community and stakeholder network across communications channels, including website and social media.
- Represent the Research Informatics team externally, supporting the team to maintain excellent working relationships with external partners and collaborators.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent skills supporting and facilitating the work of colleagues within multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrable ability to communicate confidently and effectively, both written and verbally, one-to-one and as part of a group
- High standard of written and verbal English
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent administrative and IT skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Google’s suite of document tools
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility in participating in meeting/teleconferences with national and international stakeholders
- Experience managing stakeholders at different levels
- Experience organising events, both in person and virtually
- Experience managing relationships within a medical, technology, healthcare, or research environment
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 13th February 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 21st February 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us at email@example.com
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK