As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
As a member of the RTL Design team at SiFive; you will be part of a team of industry veterans and bright rising stars who are passionate about designing industry-leading CPU cores based on the revolutionary open-source RISC-V architecture. We are looking for people who are as excited as we are about working in a fast-paced dynamic environment to bring new hardware IP to market quickly, with high quality and exceptional performance.
If you are an engineer with experience optimising complex IP designs for power, area and/or performance, and you are looking to work on leading-edge RISC-V cores, we are excited to hear from you!
- Producing up to date power/performance data using SiFive’s in house flows.
- Analysis power consumption to find unexpected changes and potential areas of improvement.
- Collaborating with the RTL designers to identify, explore and implement potential power improvements.
- Working with the physical implementation team to implement and optimize physical design to meet frequency, area, power goals.
- Collaborating with the performance modelling team for performance exploration and optimization to meet power goals.
- Proficiency with hardware (RTL) design in Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL.
- A proven track record in the optimization of complex IP designs for power, area and/or performance.
- Experience with power analysis EDA tools (e.g. Power Artist or Joules)
- Excellent problem solving skills and the willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail and a focus on high-quality design.
- Ability to work well with others and a belief that engineering is a team sport.
- Experience with and/or interest in learning at least one object-oriented and/or functional programming language.
- A degree in EE, CE, CS or a related technical discipline or equivalent industrial experience.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a generous time-off policy, pension, flexible work environment, employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you!