RxBiologics currently has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Laboratory Manager to join us and help develop our services as we scale up to support our growing client base. The position is based within the RxBiologics team, working at the Babraham Research Campus, a leading site within the Cambridge biotechnology hub.
We are seeking a laboratory manager to support our expanding drug discovery capabilities. The successful candidate will work closely with the research team to facilitate the smooth running of the RxBiologics laboratories. This will involve both lab-based and administrative responsibilities. It is expected that the successful candidate will have a pro-active flexible approach and be an exceptional team-worker. The ability to prioritise work and deliver within a dynamic and demanding scientific environment to meet challenging deadlines is essential.
- Act as point of contact for all aspects of laboratory logistics, working with department heads, scientists and contractors to ensure efficient workflows.
- Ordering and liaising with suppliers for key consumables, reagents and equipment.
- Maintenance of laboratory stocks including consumables and standard reagents.
- Management of laboratory equipment, coordinating service contracts and maintenance.
- Preparation of laboratory media and stock reagents.
- Drafting, review and updating of laboratory records, health and safety documentation ensuring laboratory compliance with H&S standards including conducting H&S inspections (working with the H&S representative).
- Preparation and management of controlled documents, including risk assessments and SOPs for equipment and laboratory procedures.
- Induction of new team members to RxBiologics to laboratory and company processes.
- Organisation and receipt of shipments to and from suppliers, clients and collaborators.
- A degree in a life sciences discipline and ideally at least 3 years’ experience working in biological laboratories.
- Familiarity with biotech research consumables.
- Reagent and media preparation experience highly desirable.
- Conversant with Health & Safety and COSHH regulations; NEBOSH or equivalent certification is desirable.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible, conscientious, and proactive approach.
- Computer literate, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
RxBiologics offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
When applying for this role, please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the competencies described above. Applicants should send their cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format to email@example.com by 8th July 2022.
Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply, as this role does not qualify for international sponsorship.